Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking to add ditch lights and I've narrowed it down to these two options. The Rigid DD-S Pro or the Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro. Would anyone care to share some advice, pros/cons, etc. on either? I've only found one video on YT that compares these along with others. I'm hoping to find some wisdom from real-world use.

Thanks!
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd go with the Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro. Less $$. You can get an optional back-light. More light. Made in the USA. Also no glare from the side lighting. Problem with D-SS as well as other lights (like the Baja Designs LP lights) is that there is glare on the hood from the side lighting. Baja Designs sells a cap that goes on the inside covers, but they don't make one for the D-SS so you'll have to put tape or paint the side or tint it. More work for less light output.

That's why for my money Diode Dynamics over Rigid.

Plus you get a free wiring harness to make installation easier: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss3-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

I'm happy to sell you a more expensive light of course

D-SS: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/rigid-industries/d-ss-series/

BUT I feel you'll be happier with the Diode Dynamics lights.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have both Rigids and Diode Dynamics currently on different rigs. They excel in different areas.

The placement of light output and lens design is better on the DDs, while the coating on the light body and bezels is better on the Rigids, and the SS will have a lot more side light throw.

They both use excellent Deutsch Tech connectors and both come with stainless hardware and mounting brackets, and both have colored lenses with which you can convert a white LED to amber.

Either would work well on your Bronco. For these two quality options, it's kind of splitting hairs as to which one is better.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking to add ditch lights and I've narrowed it down to these two options. The Rigid DD-S Pro or the Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro. Would anyone care to share some advice, pros/cons, etc. on either? I've only found one video on YT that compares these along with others. I'm hoping to find some wisdom from real-world use.

Thanks!
I've got a set of DD SS3 Pro combos mounted next to the mirrors. I think the lights are great, mucho brighter than my headlights.
That mounting location throws waaaayyyyyy too much light on the hood, which is true with any brand of light, so I've got mine pointed as far to the side as I can stand without losing too much forward lighting.
I normally only use them (1) for low speed operations, and (2) with no oncoming traffic, so that (1) the light reflected from the hood is not too distracting, and (2) so I don't go to jail.
I just ordered two DD SS3 pro spots to mount over the windshield, since I don't want no steengkeeng giant light bar up there, and so I can aim a couple of spots exactly where I want.
I just hope the truck doesn't end up looking like Mickey Mouse.

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / Mercedes E350 (2014)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking at the SS3 too. Curious if these (or any really) increase the wind noise to annoying levels? No whistles or droning noises at highway speeds?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model