Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Planning a trip to CO next summer when i get my Bronco Badlands with my GF. I know of Ouray, CO because of the Toyota FJ Summit held there every year, and wanted to go in that same area. I am looking for suggestions on places to stay that won't cost me 5k for a week... Interested on doing the usual trails, but more scenic than crawling, the Lady is not really into that. Trip will be between mid-June and mid-august, i plan to visit for a week ( 4 days drive-7days visite-4 days drive back since i am in Montreal, Canada )

Thanks for any suggestions.

PS Camping is not out of the question, but would prefer a small place to stay at where we can leave the doors and top .
Sponsored

Last edited:

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Planning a trip to CO next summer when i get my Bronco Badlands with my GF. I know of Ouray, CO because of the Toyota FJ Summit held there every year, and wanted to go in that same are. I am looking for suggestions on places to stay that won't cost me 5k for a week... Interested on doing the usual trails, but more scenic than crawling, the Lady is not really into that. Trip will be between mid-June and mid-august, i plan to visit for a week ( 4 days drive-7days visite-4 days drive back since i am in Montreal, Canada )

PS Camping is not out of the question, but would prefer a small place to stay at where we can leave the doors and top .
Jellystone in Larkspur or Riverrun in Granby have options from tent camping to cabin rentals and lots in between. lots of amenities to enjoy too.

Reactions: JPG

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Planning a trip to CO next summer when i get my Bronco Badlands with my GF. I know of Ouray, CO because of the Toyota FJ Summit held there every year, and wanted to go in that same are. I am looking for suggestions on places to stay that won't cost me 5k for a week... Interested on doing the usual trails, but more scenic than crawling, the Lady is not really into that. Trip will be between mid-June and mid-august, i plan to visit for a week ( 4 days drive-7days visite-4 days drive back since i am in Montreal, Canada )

In that general area is Silverton and Telluride. Google up the Alpine loop. It's very scenic with out super slow crawling. Camping outside Silverton along the Animas river is awesome.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That area is "littered" with beautiful options. Mesa Verde, Creede, Lake City, Crested Butte, Durango, Pagosa Springs, Salida, Aspen, Buena Vista, Leadville, Delta, Trail Ridge Road, and on and on. Some simple Google searches and Tripadvisor will help you find low-cost accommodations in spectacular scenery. Even Ouray is affordable with just a little research. Most camping in Colorado is by reservation, though. Stay ahead of it! Get a National Parks/Forest pass.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In that general area is Silverton and Telluride. Google up the Alpine loop. It's very scenic with out super slow crawling. Camping outside Silverton along the Animas river is awesome.
There is the area around Salida and Buena Vista. there are a tremendous amount of awesome trails around there. Pick up a copy of FunTreks Colorado trails books. The one for trails south of I 70 will be very awesome for you. Lots of camp spots, B&B's and hotels.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JPG

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you all, have lots to research now :D

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you run around Farmington much?

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah they still have a place there but business has slowed way down in that industry.

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As you work your way west into Ouray, you may want to stop in Buena Vista and hit up Mt Antero and Tincup. You can stay at the Princeton Hot Springs Resort or at the St Elmo Ghost Town Hotel (it's like a B&B).

In Ouray, just find an Air B&B, that's what we do every year during the FJ Summit. It's just about the same price as a hotel but you get a whole apartment. Houses are little more pricier.

I've hit up all those trails numerous amounts of times, and many more here in Colorado, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I live in Colorado Springs btw

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wouldn't go too far afield around Durango in June without your roof and doors. Sudden snow and ice is not unusual

hoffmanity

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Deville, 92 Pathy, 82 SR5 Pickup, 96 Vette GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you plan on camping and pay for it, you're doing it wrong ;) free camping anywhere in the national forest area. If you know the general vicinity you're trying to be in I can make some recommendations. It really is gorgeous here. Locals are super accommodating and friendly too. We're basically Canada South down here.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alltrails.com is also a good source of information on routes in any area. I live in CA but have been all over CO. Just spent a week in Silverton in Aug doing all the routes around there. I think my favorite, scenery wise, was Yankee Boy Basin and Govenors
Sponsored