Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I used my Ford Pass rewards and bought these from Ford for the bottom of the doors and rockers on my 2 door. Just finally got around to installing them last weekend. These will definitely help protect the area you are concerned with.

IMG_0748.jpeg

IMG_0560.png
Can we see more pics on your A51 please?
Sponsored

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, unfortunately the Bronco's are well known for throwing rocks and chipping paint. Back when the first Bronco's were coming off the line, some lady became the laughing stock by posting a "The Bronco sucks offroad!" post, which simply detailed how she chipped her paint driving on gravel roads. After she was thoroughly roasted for claiming a gravel road was offroading, the main takeaway was that without PPF, sliders, mudflaps or a combination of these options, paint chips are inevitable.

I have found the Ford mudflaps to be great so far. When I take my Bronco offroading, the lower piece slides right off. Only one time did I slide off-camber into a muddy steep hill that I impacted the upper part of the mudflap, but there was no damage.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put mud flaps the first week on the front end of my Bronco. I bought them from Mabett/ Amazon. Fairly easy to install and they have worked well. Have done a fair amount of off-roading with no damage to the doors or rocker panels! Blend right in with the running boards.
IMG_1962.jpeg

IMG_1984.jpeg

IMG_1937.jpeg

IMG_1936.jpeg

IMG_1935.jpeg

IMG_1934.jpeg

IMG_1960.jpeg

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put mud flaps the first week on the front end of my Bronco. I bought them from Mabett/ Amazon. Fairly easy to install and they have worked well. Have done a fair amount of off-roading with no damage to the doors or rocker panels! Blend right in with the running boards.
Ford Bronco Rock chips lower portion of door IMG_1960

The wedding pictures look lovely but this pushes the boomer posting around here to a new threshold. 🤣

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also have the chips. Was thinking about getting some thick clear ppf or Xpel and self applying or asking my step brother when I see him next. I'm guessing that's the cheapest.

Came across these as well:

https://accessories.ford.com/paint-protection-film-by-gfx-2dr-6-piece-kit
https://accessories.ford.com/paint-protection-film-by-gfx-4dr-6-piece-kit

Because Ford has to make you add what the rock crowler should've come with... 😅

Edit: I can't tell if the Ford Accessories linked above are the chunky (paint-matched?) plastic protectors I saw recently. I think that's just precut ppf film. I know I saw someone say those were from Ford aftermarket...

Ooooh... Here is Ford saying "we f----d up so here is a $250 add-on to correct what we should have done right in the first place"

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Before our first off road adventure in Georgia I installed Mabbet front mud flaps on our 2 door. I thought we would be all set......no way. The rocks and gravel stuck in the factory Sas tires and threw rocks everywhere, past the mud flaps. Heard them banging underneath and on the side. There were so many chips on the rockers and on the lower portion of the doors. There were at least 20 on each side I had to touch up by hand with a brush. So mud flaps did not help- or maybe they did. It might have been much worse without them.....I don't want any type of sliders or running boards- I don't like the look. My wife and I step into it easily as is. I like the idea of the rocker body appearance kit or stick on clear protection. Definitely need to do something before we go off road again.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same issue and added a Broflaps with the extension (extension for the winter) and haven’t had a new chip since.

Ford Bronco Rock chips lower portion of door IMG_1236
Ford Bronco Rock chips lower portion of door IMG_1233

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put the RockSlide Engineering steps on my 2dr the 1st week of owning the Bronco and they have been the best purchase so far. I got them during a forum promotion for 2k delivered so they were not cheap but boy do they do their job well . I also get no rocks or splash up the side of the doors. I drive maintained gravel roads often and my driveway to the house is 1000' of gravel as well . I hear them bouncing off the sliders but they never reach the paint. I also have aftermarket 17x9 wheels at a +12 offset so they poke more than factory also.

I absolutely hate the way mudflaps look so glad these worked out so well. I'd probably deal with rock chips better than flaps,lol.

Ford Bronco Rock chips lower portion of door BBB

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

New to off-roading so any help is much appreciated. I have less than 500 miles on my new 2023 Wildtrack and already have a large chip in paint on the bottom portion of the front door. Maybe it’s called rocker panel? In the photo it is the lower portion maybe 4-5” wide X length of the door than angles slightly inward. Are there any inexpensive protection solutions out there that can cover this area that can be attached with adhesive? THANKS in advance for any input!!!

Mudflaps and Nerf Bar with semi-solid top. Have them both (Mabett mudflaps and Clamber nerf bar on Amazon) and OK so far.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put the RockSlide Engineering steps on my 2dr the 1st week of owning the Bronco and they have been the best purchase so far. I got them during a forum promotion for 2k delivered so they were not cheap but boy do they do their job well . I also get no rocks or splash up the side of the doors. I drive maintained gravel roads often and my driveway to the house is 1000' of gravel as well . I hear them bouncing off the sliders but they never reach the paint. I also have aftermarket 17x9 wheels at a +12 offset so they poke more than factory also.

I absolutely hate the way mudflaps look so glad these worked out so well. I'd probably deal with rock chips better than flaps,lol.

That looks awesome. (y)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well that makes me question whether I chose poorly on paying the extra $995 for the AGM color! Lol
I’ll get some pics posted tomorrow.
Ha Ha. Hey, I paid $5K to upgrade to Big Bend partly to get the then restricted A51. 😁

Bobk

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Maverick, 84 Mustang GT350, Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well better late than never. Here are the pics …
I like this accessory much better than just a tape stripe.
Ford Bronco Rock chips lower portion of door IMG_0785

Ford Bronco Rock chips lower portion of door IMG_0786

Ford Bronco Rock chips lower portion of door IMG_0787

Ford Bronco Rock chips lower portion of door IMG_0790

Ford Bronco Rock chips lower portion of door IMG_0791

Ford Bronco Rock chips lower portion of door IMG_0792

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Are their Ford Gatorback front mudflaps that work with factory tube steps on Heritage edition? I'm looking at accessories.ford.com and seems like they all say not compatible with steps.
Sponsored