First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota....
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thinking about rock lights and was looking for suggestions on where to mount them and or how you mounted them. Most of the searches I did seem to have the tires blocking a lot of the light. Maybe that is not avoidable?? Just planning ahead what are your thoughts?
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

RideClimbNJ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed the Diode Dynamics rock lights in my Wildtrak and love them. Install and wiring were straightforward. I used a combo of magnetic mounts and brackets that I made from Home Depot parts. I can send pics of the mounting when I get home from work.

Ford Bronco Rock light mounting location IMG_4058

I shifted the lights around after this pic to get full coverage and no shadows.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-single-color-led-rock-light-8-pack.html

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mounted mine in the wheel wells and while I've no problems from dirt, I was concerned that would be a factor, but putting the lights far in keeps them pretty clean. Because I have them at about 10 & 2 they light up where I need to see and with the colors on, the whole wheel well, and fore & aft of the wheels lights up... Well.

But... my friend has set up four different trucks over time and on earlier trucks he mounting his lights in the wheel wells too. On his latest ruck he mounted the lights just fore and aft of the wheel wells and I kinda liked that better. But it's not a big enough difference to move them, the lights are mounted with nuts & bolts with super glue on the nuts (removed liners to install), they're there for their life.

I suggest using some masking tape and try out different spots and see how it looks before committing to any location or drilling holes.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I used KC HiLites Cyclone rock light kit - definitely felt like the mounting options were pretty limited, but found some nice little bump outs (ins really) in the fender liners. 6 light kit (thought I'd need 8 but pretty bright with 6. I will also say that the mounting locations for the buss bar are pretty limited and as a result the wiring may be a reach for the farthest rear from the engine bay and you'll have to extend. I sent them feedback on it but not sure if they adapted. For the middle locations I used their magnetic mounting kit - works well. Clear white is SUPER bright - I switched to Blue (which is illegal in NY but eventually if needed - I'll go to diffused white instead (that apparently is legal)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kFM34SBeXEBbHD1FA
Ford Bronco Rock light mounting location PXL_20231127_220934399-EDIT

OP
OP
Num Num

Num Num

Wildtrak
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota....
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am leaning toward the KC cyclone lights and did notice the spots in the fender liners. Now coming up with the cash and selling the finance manager is the hard part!
Sponsored