John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These pod lights seem quite a bit bigger than I thought they’d be. I’ve never had anything like that so it’s not saying much. There are smaller brands/designs, right? These remind me of those big KC lights I’ve seen over 30+ years. No real reason, but I’m somewhat interested in Baja Design, if they’re any good.
Baja Design are probably the highest quality out there, and the price reflects that.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Or, you could go with a hallow mounting bolt and thread the wires through the bolt.
Just load the bolt up with silicone to make it water tight?

Sponsored

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Baja Design are probably the highest quality out there, and the price reflects that.
This. Had rigid on a previous truck, tons of leaking and electrical issues. Plenty of people love them and have had no issues. Went with BD on my raptor and couldn't be happier. Will be doing BD on the bronco, plus their customer service is great. Paul (@Baja Designs) drew up a custom schematic and had it back to me in 2 days, couldn't ask for more.

Ford Bronco Pillar light mounting 1616328898152

Last edited:

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This. Had rigid on a previous truck, tons of leaking and electrical issues. Plenty of people love them and have had no issues. Went with BD on my raptor and couldn't be happier. Will be doing BD on the bronco, plus their customer service is great. Paul (@Baja Designs) drew up a custom schematic and had it back to me in 2 days, couldn't ask for more.

1616328898152.png
I've had good luck with both BD and Rigid in the past.
Rigid wins for me because in CA you need light covers when on road. I am not certain if BD stepped up now and has started to offer covers for their 6 inch lamps, but a year or so back they didn't.
They are even based out of CA and they should offer this. Now..it's not the biggest deal to get a fix it ticket, but I need to always keep my background clean.

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting, I'll have to dig into that a bit before the next road trip. Wouldn't shock me if other states have the same laws.
Sponsored