First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone who has installed these had really bad squeaking from the hard top? Feel like I created a problem here—The rear bolts went in easy and had no issue, but when I installed the bolts that you can hand turn behind mid-roof, i now have a terrible squeak every time i hit a bump on the rear passenger side.
Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love mine and have not noticed any squeaks. I am not using the two top bolts though. Those are still the factory ones. The Rockworkx ones were too long and just would not seat all the way on one side.

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone who has installed these had really bad squeaking from the hard top? Feel like I created a problem here—The rear bolts went in easy and had no issue, but when I installed the bolts that you can hand turn behind mid-roof, i now have a terrible squeak every time i hit a bump on the rear passenger side.
Are you talking about the top bolts above the roll bar? I had squeaking as well after installing these that started to drive me nuts. Tightening them down with the tool in the bronco toolkit fixed the problem for me. Sucks won't be able to take them off by hand, but it's better than squeaking all the time.

OP
OP

TheJoshHarding

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you talking about the top bolts above the roll bar? I had squeaking as well after installing these that started to drive me nuts. Tightening them down with the tool in the bronco toolkit fixed the problem for me. Sucks won't be able to take them off by hand, but it's better than squeaking all the time.
Yes. The two above the roll bar. I’m going to give them a shot with the tool, But hate doing that as it basically defeats the purpose of what we replaced it with.

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. The two above the roll bar. I’m going to give them a shot with the tool, But hate doing that as it basically defeats the purpose of what we replaced it with.
Mine was only on the passenger side as well. Could have been that I didn't have it hand tightened enough. I haven't really messed with it since I tightened it down, weather is still crap here so I haven't taken the top panels off.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I don't have them (yet) I have followed the vendor's thread and thought he was pretty responsive to issues like this. Surprised to hear this is (still) an issue but I'll be on the lookout if/when the opportunity arises.

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I don't have them (yet) I have followed the vendor's thread and thought he was pretty responsive to issues like this. Surprised to hear this is (still) an issue but I'll be on the lookout if/when the opportunity arises.
Do you have a link to the vendor's thread? Was there possible fixes posted?

RYD003

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
mine has done that a little bit as well... i'll try using the tool to tighten them down more.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Rockworkx can help you out with any questions. They have always been very proactive in solving issues.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well there's umpteen pages stretching back a couple years so I honestly can't recall or say for certain if your specific issue has been addressed there.

Sponsored

thebeav

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did notice that after putting my top back on and using these, I have a lot more squeaks. I actually just assumed it was because I "broke the seal" and didn't even think about these maybe impacting it.

Rockworkx

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rockworkx.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for all the feedback! We have had a couple of messages on this and for those who have this issue, it seems to be due mostly to not being tightened enough by hand. The challenge, especially with the smaller 2-door head is being able to get the bolts tight enough without the D_Ring portion. Gloves sometimes help. So if you are hearing squeaking with normal road use the bots are most likely not tight enough. I have been speaking to our engineer about creating an alternate washer that may help alleviate for trail and road use. I'll post updates here once we have tested it.

Last edited:

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did notice that after putting my top back on and using these, I have a lot more squeaks. I actually just assumed it was because I "broke the seal" and didn't even think about these maybe impacting it.
Is it affecting the whole back clamshell or just the rooftop panels?

thebeav

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it affecting the whole back clamshell or just the rooftop panels?
I mostly hear it from the backseat area somewhere on the passenger side - I think it's the back section and not the center panel.
Sponsored