Sponsored

Rockworkx hard top bolts are compatible with which rear window Molle panels?

TKBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have Rockworkx bolts installed on my Wildtrak and was planning on buying the Addictive Desert Designs rear window Molle panels (horribly expensive but love the look). I emailed ADD and they said the two are not compatible, but no reason why not. I looked at the install instructions for the molle panels and it looks like the bracket is curved on one end, which would keep the Rockworkx from tightening down. Does anyone has success with these two together? Or please recommend a Molle that works with the Rockworkx bolts. Thanks!
Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've used them with the @JcrOffroad window panel and the @BuiltRight Industries large cargo panel on our 2 DR and haven't had any issues at all. The @Rockworkx screws are awesome and Grant is fantastic to deal with!

I will say that the screws can be difficult to access behind the JCR window panel, but they definitely work. That's not a dig at JCR or RockWorkx; I think all panels would be similar and the RockWorkx screws aren't any more difficult to use than the stock screws in that location.

After running it for a while, I ended up removing the JCR window panel last week because I didn't like it obscuring visibility while driving. Plus, in the rare event that one of our kids was in the back seat, the bags mounted to the window panel would impede their headroom. I ended up just keeping the BuiltRight lower cargo panel and it's been fine for my needs so far.

Again, Grant is awesome and he makes great products. We just got a couple of his new Mesh Gear Bags and tire harnesses last week and they are really nice. Looking forward to using them out on the trails this summer!

Hope that helps.

LewyOnMars

Wildtrak
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WildTrak, FJ Trail Teams
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the ADD molle but not the rockworks bolts/screws. From a quick look/feel, I can't see how there would be any issue...it's possible maybe that the screws closest to the front of the bronco might rub on the molle.. but only if they normally extend past the plastic of the hardtop edge that they're holding down.

only other potential issue would be if they have less thread than the factory screws? .. doesn't seem like it from the description .. plus they mention using a 4mm spacer when needed

Saltwater Junkie

Outer Banks
First Name
Sir Fishin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 7.3 F350, 22 7.3 F350, 23 2.7 BRONCO OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went out and snapped a pic of the JCR as it would be installed in the Bronco. The lower 90* brackets are a sandwiched between the top of the bed and the underside of the top. Stock screws and Rockworkx screws are the same length and both of them work just fine

@LewyOnMars -After taking a Quick Look at the ADD, how hard are those things to install with the hard top on? Doesn’t look like there’s much room. They look awesome once installed, though!

Ford Bronco Rockworkx hard top bolts are compatible with which rear window Molle panels? IMG_8049

Sponsored

LewyOnMars

Wildtrak
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@LewyOnMars -After taking a Quick Look at the ADD, how hard are those things to install with the hard top on? Doesn’t look like there’s much room. They look awesome once installed, though!

Ford Bronco Rockworkx hard top bolts are compatible with which rear window Molle panels? IMG_8049
They weren't too bad. If I remember right I took off the front 3 panels, then just propped the sides up one at a time with some foam.. really not much, just needed enough room to slide the brackets under the top and having a little space there with the foam made it easier to line up the holes. I've got the trailrax roof rack with the side panels as well, and didn't really have to do anything special about that when I was adding the molle panel.

LewyOnMars

Wildtrak
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They weren't too bad. If I remember right I took off the front 3 panels, then just propped the sides up one at a time with some foam.. really not much, just needed enough room to slide the brackets under the top and having a little space there with the foam made it easier to line up the holes. I've got the trailrax roof rack with the side panels as well, and didn't really have to do anything special about that when I was adding the molle panel.
Oh and I just realized you meant getting those screws back in... Actually with the way the ADD panels at made it wasn't too hard to get my hand back there with the small ratchet. Bit of a stretch for the front screw, but not too bad. .. worst part was just trying to line up that front bracket so the screw would go in.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks. JCR’s were about the same. They’ve got a larger cutout for the front bracket that makes the install really easy.

I’ve got a TrailRax half-rack with sides that’s still in the box. Waiting to get my new top installed before I get it mounted up, but the foam is a good tip. Appreciate that!
Sponsored