Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Door Basesquatch, Corvette C7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

heinous, do better.

does anyone know whether the SMS Exposed Racks will support a tent? probably no...
Weight capacity is 165 so probably not lol. i put a link in this thread of the only one i have found that mounts on a soft top and can hold up to 800 lbs they claim
Sponsored

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The 4wp concept had a bracket for a soft top roof rack, but that hasn't happened. Anybody know of anything that's available yet?
Seems like a good opportunity since 90% of broncos will have soft tops for the next year or so.
Thread 'NEW “Multi-Top” Roof Rack coming soon - Q&A + Input'
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/new-“multi-top”-roof-rack-coming-soon-q-a-input.47921/

This is a new concept that my company will be working on. The patent has been submitted and (hopefully) production starts in the near future. Thanks and any input/ideas is always welcome.

Michael Haun

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands CO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For today to get my canoe home I used foam blocks. Tensioned the front down so the back of the canoe barely put any weight on the soft top(floating). I'll be looking at adding some type of support to my spare tire for the back.

canoe.jpg

Sponsored

Brostango

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F150 Crew, 2016 ATS Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had thought of building something off of the rock slide engineering spare tire EZ Rack

Ford Bronco Roof Rack for Soft Top?? canoe
Aright, Arrright. Like the way your thinking.
Mine is just PVC pipes but it should be plenty to carry our tandem kayak. Also used the Quake Led bracket like another member used for the front. I haven't tried it yet but i think should work.

IMG_2255.JPG

IMG_2279D.JPG

Michael Haun

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands CO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any trouble with the rear tilting forward or backward?

Just ordered the EZ Rack thanks for the proof it works! I think PVC will be enough strength the canoe only weighs 70 lbs and only half of that weight should be on the back...

Aright, Arrright. Like the way your thinking.
Mine is just PVC pipes but it should be plenty to carry our tandem kayak. Also used the Quake Led bracket like another member used for the front. I haven't tried it yet but i think should work.

IMG_2255.JPG

IMG_2279D.JPG

Last edited:

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

JasonB

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
The accessory ready mounts at the top of the windshield for an LED light bar.... Is there a single rack or bar that can mount to there? Is it even strong enough?

I'm think that could be the front rack and then get one of those hitch mounted racks that go straight up and have a bar at the top for the rear.

I'm trying to figure out something for my canoe and kayak with the soft top. I know about the Exposed Racks and they're great but not so much for multi day trip where there might be rain and I need to close the top.
Did you ever find a simple solution for a single crossbar for the windshield mount? The Quake LED bracket solution seems doable, but I'd rather buy it ready-made

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you ever find a simple solution for a single crossbar for the windshield mount? The Quake LED bracket solution seems doable, but I'd rather buy it ready-made
I bought the Quake LED light bar and brackets. It made my soft top buffet and flap something fierce when going over 40 miles an hour. I took it off and am looking for something that doesn't do that. Anyone try anything that works?

Sponsored

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I went with a trailer. I built this from an old M416 trailer. Store my boats on top and ready to go whenever. Camping gear good inside trailer for boat camping trips. Works well.

I did see another guy who actually fabricated my idea on here but I don't remember where. He made a crossbar for the front and got a trailer hitch. He said it worked well.

PXL_20220611_211543788.jpg

PXL_20220611_185436061.jpg

PXL_20220611_192423442.jpg

JasonB

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2005 Ranger FX4, & 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Texas Complete Bronco has this.
Ford Bronco Roof Rack for Soft Top?? CDC4A0ED-D823-4A92-880D-487034DEAB77
Ford Bronco Roof Rack for Soft Top?? 542DEB1B-518C-4652-AF1F-30E7603EAA79
Ford Bronco Roof Rack for Soft Top?? 3A3CE376-4481-4C5B-A7EF-AA5E6EA78A08

JasonB

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are my hero! I was totally looking at this!!! Did you install it already? What pod lights did you use? No soft top flap?
Sorry. I found it but didn’t buy it. Ordered the Quake brackets instead and will cash in a favor with my welding friend
Sponsored