First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine also has that misfire when cold but another issue is when driving real slow in a parking lot you can almost hear like a rod knock
Sponsored

pilot_ims

Wildtrak
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford vehicles equipped with the 2.7 have a TSB issued for rough idle related to the VCTs. Rough idle, especially on start up and rattles are key characteristics of the TSBs. Fix is to replace VCTs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford vehicles equipped with the 2.7 have a TSB issued for rough idle related to the VCTs. Rough idle, especially on start up and rattles are key characteristics of the TSBs. Fix is to replace VCTs
There is an SSM for a rattle noise on 2.7's, but there is no TSB for rough idle related to the VCTs.

pilot_ims

Wildtrak
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is an SSM for a rattle noise on 2.7's, but there is no TSB for rough idle related to the VCTs.
While it's not applied to the Bronco...(yet) there is indeed a TSB for the 2.7 VCT's in the Edge and Nautilus. It's only a matter of time before the TSB applies to the Bronco

pilot_ims

Wildtrak
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hate to be THAT person, but I am not as auto-savvy as many others on the forum. Google helped me figure out TSB-> Technical Service Bulletin. However, as much as I enjoy the countless photos of Valorant Champions Tours, I don't think this is what VCT means in this case... just a guess. Can you enlighten me, please? Thank you for your help with this I really was having a hard time explaining this to the dealer.
No worries. Working in a dealership has made me forget not everyone is in on the dealership/service lingo.

I was incorrect about the Technical service Bulletin relating to the Bronco (it applies to the Edge and Nautilus in specific with the 2.7, but I have already seen low mileage Broncos in my dealer needing this repair so it's only a matter of time before this TSB apllies to the Bronco as well.)

VCT refers to the variable cam timing (VCT) units. VCTs were developed by Ford and uses electronically controlled hydraulic valves that direct high pressure engine oil into the camshaft phaser cavity.

Sponsored

BadazzBronco

Badlands
First Name
Tamar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No worries. Working in a dealership has made me forget not everyone is in on the dealership/service lingo.

I was incorrect about the Technical service Bulletin relating to the Bronco (it applies to the Edge and Nautilus in specific with the 2.7, but I have already seen low mileage Broncos in my dealer needing this repair so it's only a matter of time before this TSB apllies to the Bronco as well.)

VCT refers to the variable cam timing (VCT) units. VCTs were developed by Ford and uses electronically controlled hydraulic valves that direct high pressure engine oil into the camshaft phaser cavity.
Thanks a ton!!!!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While it's not applied to the Bronco...(yet) there is indeed a TSB for the 2.7 VCT's in the Edge and Nautilus. It's only a matter of time before the TSB applies to the Bronco
That TSB is also only for a cold start rattle noise. It doesn’t mention rough idle at all. It’s identical to the Bronco SSM, just includes parts and labor.

pilot_ims

Wildtrak
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That TSB is also only for a cold start rattle noise. It doesn’t mention rough idle at all. It’s identical to the Bronco SSM, just includes parts and labor.
Correct. Two different issues but the VCT replacement has seen some rough idles resolved in my experience as well. Knowing Ford it could be a hundred different things and they all coexisit

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep. I have the rough idle. I thought maybe it’s somewhat normal as it is not excessive.

OffRoadeoRanger

Heritage
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Bronco | '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
For those experiencing a vibration/rumble (not a misfire or knock), check to see if it's related to the secondary engine cooling fan (the one on the driver side). That fan seems to cycle on more frequently in high ambient air temperatures, and tends to vibrate a little. You can check to see if this is the source of the vibration by temporarily unplugging the electrical connector just above it.

steezyB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tundra long travel prerunner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
mine has always had the rough idle
Sponsored