Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great video and thanks for posting!! I'll be performing this RPG perch collar install on my 2022 SAS soon. Bought the puller tool to help make it a bit easier (great advice from someone earlier :). I'm going with 1.24" all around as I actually don't mind the rake at all. I'll be sure to measure lift before and after to see if any variance from front to rear when done.

ElSuenoBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great video and thanks for posting!! I'll be performing this RPG perch collar install on my 2022 SAS soon. Bought the puller tool to help make it a bit easier (great advice from someone earlier :). I'm going with 1.24" all around as I actually don't mind the rake at all. I'll be sure to measure lift before and after to see if any variance from front to rear when done.
I finished the RPG Perch Collar Install on my 2022 4 door Wildtrak.
Again, I wanted to thank (Wildtrak84 I think?) for the video!! Incredibly helpful and was spot on with most everything. (I'm adding a couple points where I made notes on this install below)

But before I get into that... :)

Before and After Measurements (not exact and I suspect suspension may need to settle a bit)
Before lift
Rear: 6 3/4", Front: 6"
After lift
Rear: 7 3/4", Front 8"

Before and After pics:
Ford Bronco RPG Perch Collars Installed. PXL_20240127_191954277
Ford Bronco RPG Perch Collars Installed. PXL_20240129_201750805 (1)

It looks like the post install measurement difference in lift from front to rear is potentially due to the angle of the shocks as they are designed (front being more upright and rear being more angled) which changes the actual lift. I had read that somewhere and was hoping that would be the case as I didn't want a crazy high front end anyway.
I love the stance and the way this looks and it actually seems like it handles a bit better on the road, through turns, and with a bit less nosing when braking.

Notes from install:

This was not an easy job (didn't expect it to be), and having the right tools was critical. I easily spent 8+ hours on this, but I'm also not an expert in any sense and needed to make a couple trips to parts store, etc.
Impact wrench was helpful fo sho.
Breaker bar and maybe cheater pipe.
Jaw Puller...(I got one on Amazon..it sucked and broke, partly because it was cheap..partly because I most likely ordered the wrong one for the job..) regardless I rented a triple arm, 5 ton and that worked perfectly (with minor assistance from a dead blow hammer)
Dead blow hammer
Longer crowbar for leverage helped big time.
The axle nuts are actually 35mm socket, not 36mm (although clearly 36mm seems to work).
Torque wrench to ensure everything gets torqued down correctly.
15mm ratcheting wrench was suuuper helpful..highly recommend.
Cold beer..and a positive attitude :)
I'm also going to be investing in a decent floor jack and jack stands moving forward....due to the fact that as you're cranking on these bolts while crawling around under your vehicle... ensuring you live to see the end result is always a plus.

After all is said and done I'm super happy with the result. Not only in the aesthetics and handling improvements, but also (and maybe more importantly), understanding more about how my Bronco is built and how the various components and parts are connected and work together. Getting more experience and familiarity with doing some of the work myself (when appropriate) not only saved me a bit of $$, but also gives me greater appreciation for the overall design, engineering, and thought that went into these Broncos.
And it makes me appreciate the posts and videos that Bronco folks keep putting out there...keep em' coming!!

Now...on to the next Bronco project that's gonna cost me $$ and beer!! :)
Sponsored