Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I finally pulled the trigger and got them :) I previously convinced myself that "enough with the upgrades for 2022" was a good voice to listen to in my head. But I just could not resist the sale RTR had for Cyber Monday + Black Friday....My only regret is that I couldn't, and didn't, get that front grille....It's growing on me. Anyways, back to the RTR Evo 6......(-0 Offset), Satin Charcoal, 17s.

I was going to wait to get new tires (Nitto Trail Grapplers) next month so I'd have a spare set....meh. I only got my Bronco in August so why not move the existing ones over and wear them out more? Plus....We Bronco owners are an impatient lot when it comes to installing upgrades!!!! haha!

So, after installing them and driving a few miles back home....you can instantly feel the result of having LESS rotational mass. The stock SAS rims weigh about 30.5 lbs. or so and these weigh 21 lbs. As a direct result - it feels nimbler and accelerates quicker (marginally but it is noticeable), but the one thing I did not expect was the improvement in ride quality. Since the wheels are considerably lighter, the suspension has to "fight" against less weight (mass) bobbing up and down. This resulted in a noticeably smoother ride and better handling. Granted I do have the Eibach Pro Lift kit as well (springs only) which i installed a few weeks ago - the new wheels have definitely contributed to the improvement in vehicle comfort and driving dynamics. I did use to track-race semi-professionally many moons ago - and maybe I'm a little more sensitive to all this, but all I can say is that I love the new shoes!!! Bravo RTR team!!! AND MAN THEY ARE SEXY........

Note #1 - I was previously running 1.5 inch spacers on SAS wheels and when I installed these I removed my spacers. The "poke" is about 1/2 inch LESS with the RTRs - but it still looks great (y)

Note#2 - The STOCK lugs are a super tight fit and you can mark the wheels. I just bought their lugs at the tire shop. They had thinner ones and they are black too so very nice - came with its own special socket ($50 for the whole set). Still might replace though with a proper set from RTR - I would recommend those.

Now for some pics :cool: (All in different light environments, 2nd pic is my fave)

Ford Bronco RTR EVO 6 Wheels Installed 52539004014_db7e0ed5a2_b
RTR by P.L. L, on Flickr

Ford Bronco RTR EVO 6 Wheels Installed 52539003964_47e9e59d45_b
RTR by P.L. L, on Flickr

Ford Bronco RTR EVO 6 Wheels Installed 52539073871_aaac373651_b
Untitled by P.L. L, on Flickr

NOTE - Here is a link to my BUILD POST if any of you are interested:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/copied-from-general-area-my-2022-upgrades.60260/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks good. I have a set of black satin for my wife’s Wildtrak. Actually I have 3 sets (f150 raptor, Wildtrak and incoming warthog). Btw my SAS wheels are 35 pounds on my scale. F150 raptor below

Ford Bronco RTR EVO 6 Wheels Installed 1670056783785

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks good. I have a set of black satin for my wife’s Wildtrak. Actually I have 3 sets (f150 raptor, Wildtrak and incoming warthog). Btw my SAS wheels are 35 pounds on my scale. F150 raptor below

Nice!......Wow 35LBS huh? Damn I guess that's why I really FEEL it.......How about for your Raptor - how heavy are the RTRs?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The RTRs on my Raptor were: 22.8, 22.8, 23.05, and 23.05 pounds

with OEM KOs with RTRs: 86.95, 87.5, 87.2 and 87.3 pounds

OEM wheels with KO2s: 93.35, 93.15, 93.7 and 93.5 pounds

Nice!......Wow 35LBS huh? Damn I guess that's why I really FEEL it.......How about for your Raptor - how heavy are the RTRs?

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks awesome! I had no intention to buy any wheels anytime soon, but ended up jumping on these during the cyber monday sale as well lol. What lug nuts and tpms sensors did you use?

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I finally pulled the trigger and got them :) I previously convinced myself that "enough with the upgrades for 2022" was a good voice to listen to in my head. But I just could not resist the sale RTR had for Cyber Monday + Black Friday....My only regret is that I couldn't, and didn't, get that front grille....It's growing on me. Anyways, back to the RTR Evo 6......(-0 Offset), Satin Charcoal, 17s.

I was going to wait to get new tires (Nitto Trail Grapplers) next month so I'd have a spare set....meh. I only got my Bronco in August so why not move the existing ones over and wear them out more? Plus....We Bronco owners are an impatient lot when it comes to installing upgrades!!!! haha!

So, after installing them and driving a few miles back home....you can instantly feel the result of having LESS rotational mass. The stock SAS rims weigh about 30.5 lbs. or so and these weigh 21 lbs. As a direct result - it feels nimbler and accelerates quicker (marginally but it is noticeable), but the one thing I did not expect was the improvement in ride quality. Since the wheels are considerably lighter, the suspension has to "fight" against less weight (mass) bobbing up and down. This resulted in a noticeably smoother ride and better handling. Granted I do have the Eibach Pro Lift kit as well (springs only) which i installed a few weeks ago - the new wheels have definitely contributed to the improvement in vehicle comfort and driving dynamics. I did use to track-race semi-professionally many moons ago - and maybe I'm a little more sensitive to all this, but all I can say is that I love the new shoes!!! Bravo RTR team!!! AND MAN THEY ARE SEXY........

Note - I was previously running 1.5 inch spacers on SAS wheels and when I installed these I removed my spacers. The "poke" is about 1/2 inch LESS with the RTRs - but it still looks great (y)

Now for some pics :cool: (All in different light environments, 2nd pic is my fave)

RTR by P.L. L, on Flickr

RTR by P.L. L, on Flickr

Look amazing!

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks awesome! I had no intention to buy any wheels anytime soon, but ended up jumping on these during the cyber monday sale as well lol. What lug nuts and tpms sensors did you use?
I just transferred the existing TPMS over. The STOCK lugs are a super tight fit and you can mark the wheels. I just bought their lugs at the tire shop. They had thinner ones and they are black too so very nice - came with its own special socket ($50 for the whole set). Still might replace though with a proper set from RTR - I would recommend those.

HeberBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Note - I was previously running 1.5 inch spacers on SAS wheels and when I installed these I removed my spacers. The "poke" is about 1/2 inch LESS with the RTRs - but it still looks great (y)

Ford Bronco RTR EVO 6 Wheels Installed 2BF2CC64-DC60-4CDA-B884-0137615E698F
RTR by P.L. L, on Flickr

RTR by P.L. L, on Flickr

Pretty Sweet! Looks great!

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looking good, although I am maybe a little bias. Evo 6, 0 offset, Toyo at3s 35x12.5.
NOICE BRO!!!! :) You have good taste my fellow Bronco Countryman!

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you need spline driven lugs. OEMs will not work

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was so close to ordering a set of black ones for that cyber Monday sale. Heck of a deal. If I hadn’t already pulled the trigger on a corsa exhaust I would have done it too! Looks great!

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[/QUOTE]

Looks great! I have a set in black waiting on a hot pepper red bronco that is ready to ship. I am usually not a fan of black wheels but I think that they will go with the hpr very well.

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same color 4dr badlands and I just ordered these wheels as well. Put me in the copycat gang 😂🤌
Sponsored