First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am sure this has been asked/answered before, but I will be taking delivery of my OBX soon, and I am looking to replace the wheels and tires with RTR Evo 6 (17x9+30) & BFG KO2 LT285/70/17.

Does any one know with certainty whether I will or will not need a lift, or to remove the crash bars? My nearby shop says I will need a 1" spacer lift, and Discount Tire wasn't able to say for sure. But people here haven't seemed to have any issues with badlands takeoffs.

Thanks in advanced!
Sponsored

emag1205

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We’re running SAS Takeoffs on our OBX with a 2” lift (RC). Tires are stock Goodyear 315/70/17 +30MM we ran them without a lift for like month… absolutely need to remove the crash bars up front, but didn’t experience any rubbing. Clearances were tight at full lock to lock turning, but if you’re not planning on hitting the trails it will be fine. Add in any kind of flex and I’d say you probably want some small lift.

image.jpeg

OP
OP
mbc15

mbc15

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We’re running SAS Takeoffs on our OBX with a 2” lift (RC). Tires are stock Goodyear 315/70/17 +30MM we ran them without a lift for like month… absolutely need to remove the crash bars up front, but didn’t experience any rubbing. Clearances were tight at full lock to lock turning, but if you’re not planning on hitting the trails it will be fine. Add in any kind of flex and I’d say you probably want some small lift.

Ford Bronco OBX Non-Sas, RTR Evo 6, and KO2s ima
Do you think a 1 inch front leveling kit would be enough for 285/70/17?
Would I need to remove crash bars for that?
Your car looks great btw!

emag1205

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly no, the 285 is narrower and any rubbing we experienced was on the inner portion. Crash Bars are easy to remove, loosen the bumper bolts and that gives you enough space for the front if you have a plastic bumper or remove the caps off the mod bumper and pull them right out. If you’re worried I would say take it in steps, have them mount your tires and wheels… check for clearances yourself… remove the crash bars yourself if you experience rubbing, if you still rub after that then bite the bullet and do a 1” lift.

This guys running your tire size with less than an inch less offset and he has his crash bars completely intact

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I only had to remove and modify my crash bars for my 285/70/17 K03’s. Not sure what your rims will do with that offset.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mbc15

mbc15

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I only had to remove and modify my crash bars for my 285/70/17 K03’s. Not sure what your rims will do with that offset.
What size wheels did you go with?

OP
OP
mbc15

mbc15

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My crash bar rub was minor so I took the off and cut/welded them and reinstalled.
Ford Bronco OBX Non-Sas, RTR Evo 6, and KO2s IMG_2063

Sponsored

drewburns998

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just installed the RTR Tech 6's (17x9 30mm offset) on my Big Bend (non sas). I have Falken Wildpeak AT3's at 285/70/17. I have plenty of clearance, no rub etc (crash bars still installed).

IIRC, the OBX and BB should have the same fitments. I don't think you'll encounter issues at all, even with the crash bars. I may consider a leveling kit, but that's purely for aesthetic reasons.

Also, if useful I was running the BD steelies with these tires previouly (17x7.5 55mm offset) and that was just fine as well.

drewburns998

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I should also add - Discount Tire did all the work (I purchased the tires there and later had the wheels swapped). Make sure you get new spline lugs for the RTR wheels. The OEM ones fit, but it's snug and a small chance an installer could damage the wheels during installation.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am sure this has been asked/answered before, but I will be taking delivery of my OBX soon, and I am looking to replace the wheels and tires with RTR Evo 6 (17x9+30) & BFG KO2 LT285/70/17.

Does any one know with certainty whether I will or will not need a lift, or to remove the crash bars? My nearby shop says I will need a 1" spacer lift, and Discount Tire wasn't able to say for sure. But people here haven't seemed to have any issues with badlands takeoffs.

Thanks in advanced!
If you weren't aware, the non-sas Badlands has .6" of lift and Sas is only 1.1". People are having no issues running Sas take-offs on non-sas Badlands. Since half of ordered Bronco's don't even have crash-bars, I won't concern myself with that.

OP
OP
mbc15

mbc15

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just installed the RTR Tech 6's (17x9 30mm offset) on my Big Bend (non sas). I have Falken Wildpeak AT3's at 285/70/17. I have plenty of clearance, no rub etc (crash bars still installed).

IIRC, the OBX and BB should have the same fitments. I don't think you'll encounter issues at all, even with the crash bars. I may consider a leveling kit, but that's purely for aesthetic reasons.

Also, if useful I was running the BD steelies with these tires previouly (17x7.5 55mm offset) and that was just fine as well.
This is super helpful, thank you! Got any pics??

drewburns998

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is super helpful, thank you! Got any pics??
Tomorrow I hope! Literally did the swap this morning and it has been nothing but rain and mud here in Ohio.
Sponsored