Sponsored

Sasquatch Wheels and Tires Going on Non-SAS OBX!

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Really tempted to put 35" takeoffs on my Big Bend. Trying to decided between the 35" sas's takeoffs vs 33" a/t tires.

The nice thing about buying new 33" tires is I could get the tire protection warranty, won't get that with take offs.
Sponsored

g8rb8t

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow setup looks great! Curious on the 3.73 gears and real mpg. Seems ride quality was pretty comparable. I've been debating Squatch 35s vs badlands 33s. Likely the 33s nore realistic for my scenario. Hmmmmmmmm......

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How noticeable was the change in ride quality? And have you noticed more debris getting passed the fenders?
So I did the non-sasquatch Badlands suspension and decided to add this as a data point for people as well. The factory OBX suspension seems to be significantly more compliant on the road, but not stiff enough off-road. The Badlands suspension is significantly stiffer, but absolutely brilliant on washboard roads and very capable off-road. It's a trade-off, but not a really huge trade off, still it's a notable difference. No difference in the amount of stuff kicked up, but it's less lift than the Sasquatch. Also, I am running 33.5" Milestar Patagonia M/T's (295/70R17).

That looks GREAT @Swartzzz ! I've got the "same" OBX and looking to put some take-off Wildtrak Tires & Wheels exactly like those on mine. Now that you've had it on for a few months, what are your thoughts? Curious on your ride quality, gas mileage, and highway drivability.
In my case, the tires make a bigger difference in mileage than the suspension. Highway handling seems generally unaffected by the change to the Badlands suspension, but the factory OBX tires are superior to the M/T's on the highway by a significant margin. My typical gas mileage while running down the highway at an average 75 MPH sustained (300+ mile course) is about 23 MPG on factory rims and tires with the Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back Exhaust.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch Wheels and Tires Going on Non-SAS OBX! IMG_20220413_184202

Really tempted to put 35" takeoffs on my Big Bend. Trying to decided between the 35" sas's takeoffs vs 33" a/t tires. The nice thing about buying new 33" tires is I could get the tire protection warranty, won't get that with take offs.
Unless you really need the clearance, I would go with the 33" tires. This is my Bronco with the Badlands suspension on the 33.5" tires using 17x9 +30 Offset rims.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch Wheels and Tires Going on Non-SAS OBX! IMG_20220910_181104

Same tires and rims with the stock OBX shocks and springs below:

Ford Bronco Sasquatch Wheels and Tires Going on Non-SAS OBX! Shackle Mounts

Not much ride height difference.

Wow setup looks great! Curious on the 3.73 gears and real mpg. Seems ride quality was pretty comparable. I've been debating Squatch 35s vs badlands 33s. Likely the 33s nore realistic for my scenario. Hmmmmmmmm......
I have no complaints with the 33's and 4.27's. The transmission will make up for most of the difference between 3.73 and 4.27 with the exception of immediately off the line. If you have the 2.7, it's a non-issue. With the 2.3, I would expect it to be somewhat more noticeable, but not objectionable.

EJP-OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can also confirm sasquatch wheels can be installed on an OBX provided you remove the crash bars. There is no rubbing lock to lock when driving on level pavement but I will be adding a Rough Country lift to remove the rake and create additional space between the fender opening and wheel. The factory brake light was also retained.

I'm assuming you have to remove the crash bars in front and behind the wheel?
Hoping to get away with just removing the front and retain some crash protection.
Please let me know
Thanks

Sponsored

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Sasquatch wheel and tire takeoffs shipment arrived this evening! Can't wait to bolt these bad boys on my non SAS OBX w/ no lift. Or maybe I should Safari the 911, think it would rub? Lol.

Off to the tire shop tomorrow AM!

***EDIT Sasquatch Wheels and tires fit no problem w/ bars removed.
Hi! Looks like a great upgrade! I’m considering selling my OE WT SAS/OE GY tire setup. Would you mind DMing me what you paid and shipping?

I’m trying to figure out how to price them. Thanks!

Campbech

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

About to do the same with my stock badlands. Have you noticed any extra rocks flying with the slight wheel poke? I added mudflaps on mine but still a little concerned with paint chips with the standard fender flares.
wondering the same on this. Did the poke cause any rock chips?

Sants

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, Highlander, Prius (I know, I know)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wondering the same on this. Did the poke cause any rock chips?
I got a nice chip from the stock tires. As soon as that happened I added the Gator Back Mudflaps and had no other chips even with the Sasquatch tires.

Unfortunately my bronco was recently totaled by a driver who ran a red light. If I find a replacement, the first thing I will be doing is adding front Mudflaps.

EJP-OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got a nice chip from the stock tires. As soon as that happened I added the Gator Back Mudflaps and had no other chips even with the Sasquatch tires.

Unfortunately my bronco was recently totaled by a driver who ran a red light. If I find a replacement, the first thing I will be doing is adding front Mudflaps.
Sorry for your loss, hopefully you were not hurt.
RIP OBX
Sponsored