Sponsored

Sasquatch with normal size flares - Stupid Idea???

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I get the Sasquatch Package - then order body colored or paintable flares - so I can have body colored flares.
Would that be stupid for some technical reason?

I think FOMOCO makes you change to wider flares because as a manufacturer they need to meet some highway safety standards.

But so many people space out there wheels and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Thoughts?

( I just want the big tires and all the guts of the factory lift - ill likely swap out the rims...)
By most DOT standards having tires extend past the body is generally illegal. Depending on where you live. Plenty of trucks do it, personally I think it looks cheap and terrible..like the owner couldn't put the whole package together, but it isn't my Bronco.
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By most DOT standards having tires extend past the body is generally illegal. Depending on where you live. Plenty of trucks do it, personally I think it looks cheap and terrible..like the owner couldn't put the whole package together, but it isn't my Bronco.
Most of them come off looking more like a skateboard than an off road vehicle :)

UncleBud

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Trailboss 1973 bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't help but wonder what the wheel offset is on the sasquatch. No way the tires by them selves add an extra 2" of with. That would be a 4" wider tire.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have some pretty narrow flares on my current Jeep (my profile pic) and I have only been given a hard time once by a state trooper and actually told him I was pretty sure Michigan didn't have any explicit law saying I couldn't run them. His response was, "there is," so I said, "okay I'll fix it," and never got a ticket. Still haven't found anything about a specific law in Michigan nor have I fixed it and haven't had another issue.

Also, It was pretty cool for a while to have the super aggressive look and I get tons of compliments on it, but it is an absolute pain to keep my Jeep clean. Never thought I would want to, because it's a Jeep, but I wish I had a bit more coverage for the winter and keeping the salt spray down. More coverage would also be nice to keep mud out of the interior while doorless, but that's part of the fun!

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a lot of this is overblown because a passenger car without mudflaps is just as likely to fling a rock, and off-road vehicles are notorious for doing it unless they have full length, semi-sized mudflaps.

Plus, there isn’t supposed to be a shit ton of rocks and gravel on the roads anyway, and a lot of cities and municipalities don’t do anything about routinely cleaning busy streets and highways.

Or, just do what we did in Colorado, get a new windshield every 6 months.
Such is the way of life .All of you that are getting bizzy about rocks on the road should just say home and it will be ok. Also make sure you NEVER get behind an 18 wheeler . Just saying

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With most things on this rig I have to see it..... I have thought about though and I’m sure it will look better. Maybe get a narrow set and change them summer/winter
Sponsored