Sponsored

Sayonara! Sold my Bronco and bought a Crosstrek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuztQu3zt

Outer Banks
First Name
jhanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 camaro 2ss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
its sort of funny looking at this post. not making fun of the person who post it. more of my own situation i have a camaro 2ss for the past 12 years doing roughly 12mpg on highway, and im actually looking forward to the 17+mpg the bronco will give me. living in ny wasn't much a problem since everything is so close but being down here in Texas past 8 years i feel the hit. shoot i look at bronco mpg and look at it as a dream. to each their own, and i bet must've been real hard to make that decision.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m not trolling and will probably get roasted for this, but I could take my 2 door Basesquatch as a daily driver for only 4 months.

Main issues for me were the inability to fold the rears seats flat for cargo, the sketchiness of the load factor for roof cargo and the dismal gas mileage ā€“ for some reason my mpg seemed to decline and I got only 17mpg (275 miles) on my last highway trip. The lack of a 2nd set of doors also proved to be much more of a headache than I anticipated.

Granted, I knew about these potential issues going in, but was also hoping I could make it work for daily driving, but for me it just didnā€™t. So I sold it for what I paid for it, and bought a Crosstrek which has rear seats that fold flat, a bomb proof roof rack and gets 550 highway miles on a tankful. But unlike the Bronco which I think is the best-looking vehicle on the road, a Crosstrek looks like millions of other cars on the road ā€¦ no one is ever going to come up to you at a gas station and say ā€œ nice looking car you got thereā€. So in a way I went from Ginger to Mary Ann.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I think the Bronco is a GREAT car ā€¦ you just need to be realistic if it's going to be a great car for your specific needs.
I put in a reservation for a Chevy Blazer EV that I will hopefully get next year for my wife. Iā€™m just keeping the bronco as a toy at this point. I also canā€™t deal with the abysmal mpg or horrific highway noise with the soft top. Need something more practical. Iā€™ll probably also be purchasing a Ram 1500 EV for myself when it comes out in 25.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really like the looks and test drive we did on the Crosstrek. So I am keeping my Bronco and buying a Crosstrek. Will be replacing the 09 Jeep Patriot that is going to the granddaughter in Dec when she turns 16.

Tried to convince the other half she needed the more door Bronco so I could order a 2 door but she wants the Crosstrek.
I drove a CrossTrek and its too gutless for my needs. And after 3 yrs driving a CRV I just couldn't take that sad engine sound again. My little BMW gets pretty shite gas mileage for its size/weight but for now I just suck it up. Plus it helps that I have a short commute and I work part time.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
29 mpg is great but how much are you paying for diesel?
$4.29 yesterday about 50 cents more than 87 octane and the same as premium.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
People getting 17mpg, I just don't know how that happens. Maybe if you have the roof off and make it more of a brick. But heck, I just drove 180 miles in my sasquatch 2 door manual (2.3) and got 23mpg.

The not flat load floor. I swear that is only a complaint of people who don't know to tip the seat cushion forward to let the seat back lay flat.

If not for the Sasquatch becoming available with the manual transmission, I would have bought a cross trek. But grudgingly. The reality is the cross trek of today is a shadow of the past machines with actual off-road prowess. The CVT and it's need to protect itself have it give up when you really need it. The over-reliance on ABS tricks to give you AWD is a joke, that so many including Subaru force on people. I was actually considering an Outback because of how disillusioned I was with the Crosstrek. (If I have to live with junk, at least have it be comfortable junk).

Thankfully I was saved from that mess with the Bronco.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I put in a reservation for a Chevy Blazer EV that I will hopefully get next year for my wife. Iā€™m just keeping the bronco as a toy at this point. I also canā€™t deal with the abysmal mpg or horrific highway noise with the soft top. Need something more practical. Iā€™ll probably also be purchasing a Ram 1500 EV for myself when it comes out in 25.
Why does it seem everyone's going plum crazy over these EV's? I just don't get it? Because they are so good for the climate? What a joke!

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why does it seem everyone's going plum crazy over these EV's? I just don't get it? Because they are so good for the climate? What a joke!
Unless youā€™ve driven one you canā€™t realize how much better the driving experience is for daily driver. Every time I drove an ev and went back to ice it was like going back in time 50 years.

People said the model T was a joke and gas stations were not in abundance were those same people still wanting to use a horse an buggy.

I love my Bronco but I always knew it was my last ice car that I will keep as a toy down the road when I want to have some fun off roading or camping.

Last edited:

Sponsored

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unless youā€™ve driven one you canā€™t realize how much better the driving experience is for daily driver. Every time I drove an ev and went back to ice it was like going back in time 50 years.

People said the model T was a joke and gas stations were not in abundance were those same people still wanting to use a horse an buggy.
I have driven many of them, thank you. I agree they are very impressive in many ways. I would support the push to EV's if they were friendly to the environment but the fact is they are not.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really think Ford should make a fixed top/doors Bronco. Would resolve many peoples complaints of sound and even some practicality and you'd prob have 50%+ of future buyers or more picking that option. With something like a moonroof or panoramic sunroof and even lift gate I think this would take most folks in this direction...

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But unlike the Bronco which I think is the best-looking vehicle on the road, a Crosstrek looks like millions of other cars on the road ā€¦ no one is ever going to come up to you at a gas station and say ā€œ nice looking car you got thereā€. So in a way I went from Ginger to Mary Ann.
I think you got Mrs. Howell in an evening gown with the Crosstrek. The Crosstrek would never be confused with Ginger or Mary Ann.

Last edited:

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really think Ford should make a fixed top/doors Bronco. Would resolve many peoples complaints of sound and even some practicality and you'd prob have 50%+ of future buyers or more picking that option. With something like a moonroof or panoramic sunroof and even lift gate I think this would take most folks in this direction...
i love taking the roof off but man that highway noise as 80-85 is unbearable. We took it on a 3000 mile road trip for some off roading and camping. My wife and I had to always use noise canceling headphones the entire trip.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.