blacksapphirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i was researching on this and can't believe no one has talked about it yet?

it just says reinforced hinge but not a hinge replacement... I definitely want a hinge replacement as I will be putting a 37 on there. any idea?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not seen this before or even heard of the company til I stumbled on to this today. Looks like they make front and rear bumpers as well.

Price is currently 419.99 on them

https://scorpionextremeproducts.com...y-tire-carrier-for-ford-bronco-2021-2022.html

Ford Bronco Scorpion Heavy Duty Tire Carrier -heavy-duty-tire-carrier-for-ford-bronco-2021-2022

Ford Bronco Scorpion Heavy Duty Tire Carrier -heavy-duty-tire-carrier-for-ford-bronco-2021-2022
Be advised...I purchase the Scorpion HD bumper shown in your picture and the build quality is less robust, I'd consider it medium duty at best. My guess is the carrier will be the same quality...the hinges would be my main concern. I really like the look of the bumper and will be using it but not before I make some modifications and ad some reinforcement.

blacksapphirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be advised...I purchase the Scorpion HD bumper shown in your picture and the build quality is less robust, I'd consider it medium duty at best. My guess is the carrier will be the same quality...the hinges would be my main concern. I really like the look of the bumper and will be using it but not before I make some modifications and ad some reinforcement.
just glanced over the bumper spec and it shows 16 gauge steel and tire carrier is 6 gauge steel a huge difference.

Ford Bronco Scorpion Heavy Duty Tire Carrier 1678893158430

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just glanced over the bumper spec and it shows 16 gauge steel and tire carrier is 6 gauge steel a huge difference.

Ford Bronco Scorpion Heavy Duty Tire Carrier 1678893158430
Could be the tire carrier is better built than the bumper. I question the advertised gauge thickness of the bumper...while the tubes are actually very stout at almost .150" wall thicknes the flat plate steel is by no means HD, I can actually flex the top deck plate with my hands.

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i was researching on this and can't believe no one has talked about it yet?

it just says reinforced hinge but not a hinge replacement... I definitely want a hinge replacement as I will be putting a 37 on there. any idea?
I've been looking for a "better" solution for a while now, waiting for IAG to release theirs.
I found Scorpion, TrailFX and Go Rhino are similar but not the same.
It looks like a complete replacement of the hinges to me, I just would like to know if they are steel or aluminum.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be weary, the photos on the Bronco are photoshopped. I'd wait until someone has actually installed it. Plus they are part of the DPI Off-Road brand that ruined Nitro Gear when they bought them out in '21.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the hinges :unsure: ? No thanks.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Think this through before you spend your time and money. The factory tailgate is rated to carry 130lbs max. The stock SAS wheel/tire combo is about 110lbs +/-. What does this Scorpion thing weigh? By using the same factory mounts you are not increasing the weight capacity.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think this through before you spend your time and money. The factory tailgate is rated to carry 130lbs max. The stock SAS wheel/tire combo is about 110lbs +/-. What does this Scorpion thing weigh? By using the same factory mounts you are not increasing the weight capacity.
That’s absolutely not true on weight of stock sas rim and tire

that’s how people start quoting incorrect things as fact.

Sponsored
OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Appreciate the feedback!
Sponsored