Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I followed all the other B&O audio threads. I started with replacing the 3 dash 2 rear with Focal ACX. For a while I thought it sounded great, then it really started digging at me that I basically couldn't hear the rears or the sub at all. The Focals are great up front and the clarity was amazing. For EDM/house tracks they were perfect and I almost didn't mind the front focus, but there was almost no bass. Listening to rock though, the vocals just overpowered all the riffs somehow. So I scratched the itch and went all in.

• Kept the focals on dash
  • Nav-TV Zen + 5 channel amp
  • Replaced the kick panels and the rears with Morels (liked the way guitar riffs sounded on the Crutchfield compare and it was bang on after installation)
  • Kicker 48TRTP122 woofer - I have a 2DR so choosing a sub was tough with space. I wanted more than the B&O enclosure had space for and I ended up using the enclosure to house the amp/zen. I have the RSE tailgate table so couldn't mount it on the tailgate like some have. Decided to go for this because it's relatively flat and down-firing. In the end I don't miss the small amount of space gone and it still allows for easy loading of everything with the rear seats up or down.
Sound is amazing, finally where I wanted it to be. I think I'm at exactly $2k all in. Could have gone for higher end speakers/DSP but everything is perfect as is. The kickers and the rears come in great and the sub absolutely thumps. I didn't go all in to shake the neighborhood (though I could now), I normally keep it about 12-14vol, I just wanted the clarity and the sound. Consequently, I also switched from XM/Spotify to Amazon and the difference is stunning. Occasionally still do XM to hear some new songs when I get sick of my playlists.
Sponsored

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds pretty sweet. Did you go with 6.5" two ways or mid bass drivers? Also, I'm about to pull some final triggers on my system for my 4dr and I am curious how tight the bass is with the Kicker 12". I listen to a lot of different stuff and half of it are electronic genres so the bass has to be tight more so than big and boomy. Lastly what are your thoughts on your RSE tailgate table?

OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2-way on the 6.5
I find the Kicker 12 to be more on the tight side and love it with electronic, but I guess it all comes down to personal preference in the end.
RSE TG is awesome, no rattle whatsoever. Feels super sturdy and zero complaints.
Sponsored