Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's where I currently sit...

I installed all new Kicker KS speakers. Replaced the 4 inchers in the pods and dash and the 6 inchers in the panels. I also installed the Kicker Key. This all came from plug n play harness' package "A" (no sub wire up, just amp and speakers).

Everything sounds great. Im MOSTLY happy with it...but its missing some low bass. I have the "7" speaker base system with the ghost amp and sub in the back.

I am wanting to buy this Kicker 8 inch sub to put in the factory enclosure:
Kicker 48CWR84 CompR Series 8" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield

I am not 1000% sure I want to mess with all of this in the back, so I am thinking of just taking it to Best Buy and have them finish me off. Do you think this is a realistic thing for them to do? Not too complicated? Aren't they just basically swaping out the "ghost" parts (amp, sub) for real parts? For those of you who have done similar, is the 8 inch sub enough?

Thanks for the advice in advance.
Sponsored

KitsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Could you let me know what plug n play harness you used? I’m wanting to replace all the same speakers you did but don’t want to mess with cutting wires etc. Thanks in advance!

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's where I currently sit...

I installed all new Kicker KS speakers. Replaced the 4 inchers in the pods and dash and the 6 inchers in the panels. I also installed the Kicker Key. This all came from plug n play harness' package "A" (no sub wire up, just amp and speakers).

Everything sounds great. Im MOSTLY happy with it...but its missing some low bass. I have the "7" speaker base system with the ghost amp and sub in the back.

I am wanting to buy this Kicker 8 inch sub to put in the factory enclosure:
Kicker 48CWR84 CompR Series 8" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield

I am not 1000% sure I want to mess with all of this in the back, so I am thinking of just taking it to Best Buy and have them finish me off. Do you think this is a realistic thing for them to do? Not too complicated? Aren't they just basically swaping out the "ghost" parts (amp, sub) for real parts? For those of you who have done similar, is the 8 inch sub enough?

Thanks for the advice in advance.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/tip-upgrade-stereo-for-free-at-best-buy.55920/

Total Tech!! I used Best Buy near me. Great installers. I recommend you stop by and talk to them. They will tell you. And get Total Tech… too bad you did all that work. For $200 you can get whole car done and g0 back for multiple visits. See thread. Good luck!
Sponsored