Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure you want to "hard fasten" the flares. Pulled my flares and some of the slotted anchor body pins came out. Could body damage occur with someone ripping at a hard fastened flares? Maybe.
Looks like you could cut the tabs on the quarter turns making it difficult to turn with just your fingers.

Ford Bronco Securing Fender Flares to Avoid Theft? PIN.JPG

Ford Bronco Securing Fender Flares to Avoid Theft? PIN2.JPG
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The fenders themselves are removable too, what are we gonna do about them?

Also the modular sections of the bumper

Also the underbody armor

Also the catalytic converter

Also the oil pan drain plug

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No one is going to steal your fender flares unless they're just being malicious. There's no demand for them. Parts theft is based on demand and there quite simply aren't enough Broncos out there to create any sort of demand for fender flares or anything else off a Bronco for that matter. LED Jeep headlights on the other hand...
you dont know the methheads and such in Nm do you lol they dont need a reason to steal some just do it to have something to do or if they think there is even a ounce of value to it they take it

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think its helpful to discuss these things with your insurance agent. Understand how comprehensive claims are handled/rated in your state. In Tennessee, comp claims don't raise your rating or rates. I keep a $100 deductible and have used them for this sort of thing.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like a reasonable solution. Would stop a theft of opportunity, but someone with a tool bag at the ready set on stealing stuff, maybe not.

Nonetheless, there may not be a market for Bronco parts yet, due to low numbers in the wild, but expect that the change rapidly in the next few months (knock on wood). Many on this forum have expressed a desire for Sasquatch fender flares as they upgrade their wheels/tires! [Looks furtively at other members.] đź‘€
Lol he just gave you the best solution.

mine is gorilla glue or some sort of super adhesive.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Securing Fender Flares to Avoid Theft? Vending-Machine-Lock-MK-207-

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Move from whatever lawless hell you live in where people snatch fenders enough to concern you

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll never take them off, so I'll just hot glue or silicone or epoxy those twisty things. If I ever damage one and need to replace it it won't matter that I have to cut the locks off then or scratch it up removing the glue.

I don't see a big market for these (though even $50 is money for some), more concerned about some yokel damaging his on the trail and finding a quick "exchange" in the parking lot or a kid ripping them off dad's Bronco they weren't supposed to drive needing a quick repair part.

Yes, everything can be removed, but not as quick as these w/o any tools. Odd feature IMO, I don't see any good reason to remove these unless damaged, can't stand the fender delete look.

I'll also probably add one more lock nut to my tires and spare to make it even less convenient to shop at Daktari's Bronco Supplies, LOL. Yes, I have insurance, but I have better things to do than deal with nonsense like stolen fenders or spares. I live in a pretty secure area, but I don't always park in secure areas. I plan to take this thing places :)

MustangRanch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT350, 11 GT500, 20 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$500 for fender flares when they are stolen or $500 for fender flares and $2k in body repair when they try to yank them off and damage the body and flares doing so.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Odd feature IMO, I don't see any good reason to remove these unless damaged, can't stand the fender delete look.
The logic behind the easily detachable design is to allow owners to keep the fender flares attached during ordinary street/highway use to deflect water, mud, and rocks, but allow them to quickly detach the flares without tools when they arrive at an off-road trailhead to drive slowly through narrow gaps between trees or crawl over and between large boulders without ripping off the flares during unexpected impact with an obstacle. Once the owner re-emerges at the end of the trail, they can quickly snap the flares back on before returning home.

It’s the same design logic behind removable freedom panels on a hard top roof or zip-out window panels on a soft top roof (i.e., easy situational use without requiring tools).

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The fenders themselves are removable too, what are we gonna do about them?

Also the modular sections of the bumper

Also the underbody armor

Also the catalytic converter

Also the oil pan drain plug
Easy, one product fits all...

Ford Bronco Securing Fender Flares to Avoid Theft? Simpson Epoxy
Sponsored