First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150, 2015 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone come up with a solution to secure your fender flares to avoid theft? I’m sure we can all find something at our local hardware store but if someone has a solution already, please post hardware.
I live in a state where if it’s not bolted down, someone will take it. Plus replacement non painted set of 4 Fender Flares are over $500. Just a concern of mine and when I take order I plan on finding a way to secure them so they can’t be just popped off.
Take care all and I hope we all receive our new Broncos sooner then later.
Sponsored

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No one is going to steal your fender flares unless they're just being malicious. There's no demand for them. Parts theft is based on demand and there quite simply aren't enough Broncos out there to create any sort of demand for fender flares or anything else off a Bronco for that matter. LED Jeep headlights on the other hand...

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No one is going to steal your fender flares unless they're just being malicious. There's no demand for them. Parts theft is based on demand and there quite simply aren't enough Broncos out there to create any sort of demand for fender flares or anything else off a Bronco for that matter. LED Jeep headlights on the other hand...
I don’t know.. If I see one of you with body colored fender flares that match my Sasquatched Bronco, I might be tempted… 🤪

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Has anyone come up with a solution to secure your fender flares to avoid theft? I’m sure we can all find something at our local hardware store but if someone has a solution already, please post hardware.
I live in a state where if it’s not bolted down, someone will take it. Plus replacement non painted set of 4 Fender Flares are over $500. Just a concern of mine and when I take order I plan on finding a way to secure them so they can’t be just popped off.
Take care all and I hope we all receive our new Broncos sooner then later.
Yes, previously invented by and trademarked for the Bronco by @North7

Bronco Flares Security Pins:

Torx security screws, aka, Barrel nut/screws, are common and available in multiple lengths.

Binder-Post-GRIP.jpg

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, previously invented by and trademarked for the Bronco by @North7

Bronco Flares Security Pins:

Torx security screws, aka, Barrel nut/screws, are common and available in multiple lengths.

Binder-Post-GRIP.jpg
Looks like a reasonable solution. Would stop a theft of opportunity, but someone with a tool bag at the ready set on stealing stuff, maybe not.

Nonetheless, there may not be a market for Bronco parts yet, due to low numbers in the wild, but expect that the change rapidly in the next few months (knock on wood). Many on this forum have expressed a desire for Sasquatch fender flares as they upgrade their wheels/tires! [Looks furtively at other members.] 👀

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So there are places in the fender flairs you can replace bolts? I thought all the clasp were built into the inside of the fender and there were no "through" holes.

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So there are places in the fender flairs you can replace bolts? I thought all the clasp were built into the inside of the fender and there were no "through" holes.
You can remove one of the latches, and put the screw through there. Hole dia is 12mm IIRC.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You are correct, they are quarter turn fastners into blinds holes. Not sure if the 4WP flare deletes require drilling thru holes?

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I plan on using a silicone sealant on the latches so that I can between body-colored and trail flares when I want. Someone would have to spend more time removing them from the vehicle, as opposed to just pop-n-go. I think it will be enough of a deterrent in the unlikely event that someone wants to steal them.

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like a reasonable solution. Would stop a theft of opportunity, but someone with a tool bag at the ready set on stealing stuff, maybe not.

Nonetheless, there may not be a market for Bronco parts yet, due to low numbers in the wild, but expect that the change rapidly in the next few months (knock on wood). Many on this forum have expressed a desire for Sasquatch fender flares as they upgrade their wheels/tires! [Looks furtively at other members.] 👀
With 20 of these, you will have the most secure fenders ever. Maybe 4 would be enough. :)

Ford Bronco Securing Fender Flares to Avoid Theft? 1630506855083

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This topic is like the undead. :LOL: It just keeps coming back with no end in sight. PSA: Nobody cares about your flares.

Ford Bronco Securing Fender Flares to Avoid Theft? giphy-1

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yeah, i'd be more worried about rippin' them off on the trail... ya know maybe in tight spots... just sayin'.....
Sponsored