Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello,

Want to first say thank you to the forum. I had reservation date of July 18, 2020, order date of January 20, 2022 and pick up date of January 12, 2023. Thankfully no deletes on order. This forum has been a great resource for me during my wait.

One month into ownership now and the service engine light came on. Ford app states "An electrical fault has occurred with one of the exhaust emission sensors and its associated wiring. This concern may affect the vehicle fuel economy and engine performance."

Took it to the dealer today and they came back that it is a bad oxygen sensor, will have part in stock in 3 days.

The dealership said there shouldn't be any issues with driving but I wanted to ask if anyone disagrees with them before I do something stupid. I searched the forum but did not see any related topics

Thanks
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s not going to hurt anything. You’ll be fine driving it.

Cskyline

Base
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3500Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Even if I could damage something you have a warranty you should have more confidence in trained professional ford mechanics .

OP
OP

EGBH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok thanks, appreciated.

Landoom

Badlands
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avarieaerials.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 2 Dr with Sasquatch & LUX. VB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,

Want to first say thank you to the forum. I had reservation date of July 18, 2020, order date of January 20, 2022 and pick up date of January 12, 2023. Thankfully no deletes on order. This forum has been a great resource for me during my wait.

One month into ownership now and the service engine light came on. Ford app states "An electrical fault has occurred with one of the exhaust emission sensors and its associated wiring. This concern may affect the vehicle fuel economy and engine performance."

Took it to the dealer today and they came back that it is a bad oxygen sensor, will have part in stock in 3 days.

The dealership said there shouldn't be any issues with driving but I wanted to ask if anyone disagrees with them before I do something stupid. I searched the forum but did not see any related topics

Thanks
@EGBH I just had this come up on my way home from work today. What ended up resolving your issue?

Sponsored
OP
OP

EGBH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The dealership replaced the oxygen sensor, no issues since.

Landoom

Badlands
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avarieaerials.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealership replaced the oxygen sensor, no issues since.
Dealer replaced my O2 sensor as well and all appears to be good. Likely a defective sensor from the factory as it has less than 300 miles on it when the code first appeared.

Mike Bronk

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer replaced my O2 sensor as well and all appears to be good. Likely a defective sensor from the factory as it has less than 300 miles on it when the code first appeared.
This just happened to me, brand new Bronco 3 days old with less then 100 miles. Was that the only issue? Some reference it being caused by another underlying issue. Not too happy about this happening right out of the gate.

Landoom

Badlands
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avarieaerials.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This just happened to me, brand new Bronco 3 days old with less then 100 miles. Was that the only issue? Some reference it being caused by another underlying issue. Not too happy about this happening right out of the gate.
That was the only issue, haven't had any other problems. If there was another underlying issue it would have been apparent by now as I have 9,758 miles on the vehicle. I'm sure it was just a bad O2 sensor from the manufacturer. It can be frustrating and discouraging for sure, hopefully you have a decent dealer.

Mike Bronk

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was the only issue, haven't had any other problems. If there was another underlying issue it would have been apparent by now as I have 9,758 miles on the vehicle. I'm sure it was just a bad O2 sensor from the manufacturer. It can be frustrating and discouraging for sure, hopefully you have a decent dealer.
Thanks they just told me it’s a heated sensor so I it’s going to take a couple days so now I’m going home in a loaner how exciting a Ford escape L O L

Landoom

Badlands
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avarieaerials.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problem. When mine went out, the part wasn't in stock. It had to be ordered, which took a few days to get in. They just sent me home and had me return when the part came in. It took less than an hour to replace when it did come in.
You'll appreciate your Bronco much more after driving an Escape around. Lol
Sponsored