Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FYI. The info for the black mod top on the Ford site says that when you option it, it comes with matching black painted grill and mirror caps.

B31BD3BC-DB6A-47ED-BFE8-3B18FCF6CA58.jpeg
Wow, didn’t realize this. I ordered a BL with MIC top but I bet there may be some folks who ordered a BL and choose the Shadow Black mod top and don’t know they’ll lose the carb grey grill (and mic black mirror caps). Good call out.
Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Top is looking quite shiny. I think I’m liking the new darker MIC top.

Credit broncosofinsta IG
Agreed. I really liked the new MIC on yesterday’s pics.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoaaaaaaa, did not see that change at all as I stopped obsessing over the B&P months ago. I have strongly disliked the shadow black mirror caps and grill on Wildtrack. Thank you for the input.

Personally speaking, I left the modular hard top off my 2-door build as I didn't think removable rear windows and a gunner turret were going to get used much. But I was really on the fence as I liked the Shadow black roof from the catalog CG work. Having to pair the extra shadow black bits, i'll hold off on Mod Top....

1612405333241.png

Because Ford is obviously a power bottom?
Wow, didn’t realize this. I ordered a BL with MIC top but I bet there may be some folks who ordered a BL and choose the Shadow Black mod top and don’t know they’ll lose the carb grey grill (and mic black mirror caps). Good call out.
Yeah. It’s not in the B&P. It’s listed under the vehicle details - Exterior - Options - then the little “i” next to the modular top bullet point.

From what I can tell it’s been there a while, and it’s almost so obscure I wonder if it’s still the plan, and whether they even know it’s still up there.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Top is looking quite shiny. I think I’m liking the new darker MIC top.

2021 Bronco Shadow Black Painted Top a.jpg
2021 Bronco Shadow Black Painted Top b.jpg

Credit broncosofinsta IG
Oh ya, I can't wait to wrap that in tight white vinyl, lol.:cool:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah. It’s not in the B&P. It’s listed under the vehicle details - Exterior - Options - then the little “i” next to the modular top bullet point.

From what I can tell it’s been there a while, and it’s almost so obscure I wonder if it’s still the plan, and whether they even know it’s still up there.
Makes sense for there to still be inaccuracies with parts that won't be final until MY22.

I would have been shocked to get the extra painted parts. Although i'm already planning on custom painting the grill anyway, so that would have just been extra prep. Still, the mirrors being gloss is rather strange for that location.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it has always been in the B&P like that, I would not even consider the mod top if the mirrors and grill stayed the same on the BL. Would have made the color scheme even worse against most paint colors.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Bronco VI

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F150 Raptor/21 Bronco FE/22 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Still going with Black Mod. It may look to glossy under the factory lighting but should look great in natural light. I feel the Black Mod will compliment the Lightning Blue on my FE and match perfectly with Black Grille, mirrors and wheels. I'm Sold. 😆
Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top on completed 2021 Bronco at MAP Factory GIF image 7
That’s my build, too, and I feel exactly the same way with the Lightning Blue and black painted grille and mirror caps. Can’t wait for summer to get here!

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And how are you going to prevent body paint scratches. MIC wrap for your whole rig?
Lighter paint colors hide them better than black. That's a major reason I am going with Oxford White.

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your worried about scratching up the top then your probably scratching up the sides of your body as well. I'm going carbonized gray so the black top will look great for me. I was told that my number put me i. Y22 so went with the black top
Sponsored