Sponsored

Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics)

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Volvo S-60, 13 Ford Fusion, 16 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are the specs from 4wp:

• Pro Comp Alloy Wheels | Part Number: PXA1069-7983
  • Wheel Width:9 Inches
  • Style:Series 1069
  • Finish:polished
  • Construction:Aluminum
  • Wheel Diameter:17 Inches
  • Offset:-6
  • Backspacing:4.75
  • Fitment:Universal Fit
  • Brand:pro Comp Alloy Wheels
  • Bolt Pattern:6 on 5.5
  • Series:69 Series
  • Series - Finish:69 Series Classic - Polished
I hope someone can help answer these probably dumb questions, because I've never replaced wheels before....

1. I see these are 17 x9 wheels. Even if I am sticking with the Badlands 285/70 17 KO2s that come with the bronco, they should fit these rims, correct?
2. Also, should I get new lug nuts when I order the wheels, or can I reuse the nuts from the Badlands stock wheels?
3. At a -6 offset, if I am sticking with the stock tires, should I expect any poke? (I am trying to avoid any or at least too much)

Thanks to anyone that can guide this sad Volvo driver through this!
Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope someone can help answer these probably dumb questions, because I've never replaced wheels before....

1. I see these are 17 x9 wheels. Even if I am sticking with the Badlands 285/70 17 KO2s that come with the bronco, they should fit these rims, correct?
2. Also, should I get new lug nuts when I order the wheels, or can I reuse the nuts from the Badlands stock wheels?
3. At a -6 offset, if I am sticking with the stock tires, should I expect any poke? (I am trying to avoid any or at least too much)

Thanks to anyone that can guide this sad Volvo driver through this!

The stock BFG's will fit, but 9" is the maximum rim they recommend.

Yeah, you will likely have some poke with this setup.. Very minimal but the rim itself is going to be close to even with the outside of the fender on a Badlands, so whatever bulge the tire has is gonna stick out... I'd bet the tread will actually be close to even with the fender...

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The stock BFG's will fit, but 9" is the maximum rim they recommend.

Yeah, you will likely have some poke with this setup.. Very minimal but the rim itself is going to be close to even with the outside of the fender on a Badlands, so whatever bulge the tire has is gonna stick out... I'd bet the tread will actually be close to even with the fender...
Thanks so much. Your rig looks great with these wheels as well and I see you are also using much larger tires. Should I stick with an 8.5 inch wide wheel with the stock KO2s in your opinion or should I expect any performance issue from using the 9" wheel?

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks so much. Your rig looks great with these wheels as well and I see you are also using much larger tires. Should I stick with an 8.5 inch wide wheel with the stock KO2s in your opinion or should I expect any performance issue from using the 9" wheel?
A wider wheel will make the tire somewhat wider and also reduce the diameter some. I think the stock Badlands rims are 8” in width while Sasquatch rims are 8.5” wide.

Edit: I saw the tire width on a Ford spec sheet yesterday and I just looked for it online to confirm my memory but I can’t find it again so the above is based off my day old memory….

Second Edit: Found it!

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...roduct/2022/bronco/2022-Bronco-Tech-Specs.pdf

B892DF4C-D721-4C22-9156-ECA9336C4E1A.png

Last edited:

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A wider wheel will make the tire somewhat wider and also reduce the diameter some. I think the stock Badlands rims are 8” in width while Sasquatch rims are 8.5” wide.

Edit: I saw the tire width on a Ford spec sheet yesterday and I just looked for it online to confirm my memory but I can’t find it again so the above is based off my day old memory….

Second Edit: Found it!

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2022/bronco/2022-Bronco-Tech-Specs.pdf

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) B892DF4C-D721-4C22-9156-ECA9336C4E1A
Thank you for this. Not really looking to upgrade tires yet, in part due to cost, so I am going to hold off on the pro comp wheels until I can get a sense of how using the stock K02 on a wheel 1" wider than stock will affect on and off road driving, mileage and poke. Thanks

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot is really gonna depend on how you are going to use it.... If you air down the tires for rock crawling or beach driving, I really wouldn't recommend putting those on 9 inch rims. If you mostly always run stock pressure, they really wouldn't be any problem. BFG specifies anything from a 7.5 inch to 9 inch rim for that tire.

Sponsored