Sponsored

Shrockworks vs. Zroadz sliders, any real world experience?

TroutBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
  • I have a nonSAS OBX that spends a lot of time on gravel roads, dirt roads, and very muddy rutted boat ramps for fly fishing purposes.
  • The pics I have seen on both look good, but I am concerned about the dimensions of the Zroadz (too wide for a nonSAS).
  • I like how the Zroadz hides the pinch welds but because it is so high I could see it making harder to enter/exit the vehicle.
  • With the Shrockworks I may be in for the body armor to black out the pinch welds which makes the prices comparable.
  • Would love to hear from those using them and how they like the for every day use and on trail. I don't currently rock crawl.

As a side benefit, I will be able to install mudflaps. It is crazy how much dirt gets on the Bronco without them after spending time in the mud. And that mud is the gift that keeps on giving because whatever mud you don't clean off your wheels, etc. will wind up on the side of the Bronco.
Ford Bronco Shrockworks vs. Zroadz sliders, any real world experience? tempImagegrRr0J
Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nothing real world yet but the zroadz hang from the pinch weld and Shrockworks are frame mounted. No comparison. One is basically a step and one is a true rock slider.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

• I have a nonSAS OBX that spends a lot of time on gravel roads, dirt roads, and very muddy rutted boat ramps for fly fishing purposes.
  • The pics I have seen on both look good, but I am concerned about the dimensions of the Zroadz (too wide for a nonSAS).
  • I like how the Zroadz hides the pinch welds but because it is so high I could see it making harder to enter/exit the vehicle.
  • With the Shrockworks I may be in for the body armor to black out the pinch welds which makes the prices comparable.
  • Would love to hear from those using them and how they like the for every day use and on trail. I don't currently rock crawl.

As a side benefit, I will be able to install mudflaps. It is crazy how much dirt gets on the Bronco without them after spending time in the mud. And that mud is the gift that keeps on giving because whatever mud you don't clean off your wheels, etc. will wind up on the side of the Bronco.
Ford Bronco Shrockworks vs. Zroadz sliders, any real world experience? tempImagegrRr0J
I am contemplating the two of them as well. I have the same concerns you do. I know the shrockworks are going to be stronger as a slider, no doubt, but I have concerns about the width and it's functionality as a step. My parents are older and can't even get into the bronco currently, so I need some steps of some sort. I do like the fact the shrockworks would make for a lower step in height though, so they are definitely in play. Have you checked out the prototypes from lod as well? I am looking at the two you have mentioned along with both of the offerings that will be coming from lod:. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/finally-frame-mounted-sliders-from-lod-offroad.34871/

Nothing real world yet but the zroadz hang from the pinch weld and Shrockworks are frame mounted. No comparison.
Agreed, strength wise for slider use, the frame mounted ones are much better.

OP
OP
TroutBronc

TroutBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nothing real world yet but the zroadz hang from the pinch weld and Shrockworks are frame mounted. No comparison. One is basically a step and one is a true rock slider.
That’s my initial take but don’t have the install instructions for the Shrockworks BUT I have seen posts where it is 7 body mount bolts and 1 bolt that needs to be drilled.

OP
OP
TroutBronc

TroutBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am contemplating the two of them as well. I have the same concerns you do. I know the shrockworks are going to be stronger as a slider, no doubt, but I have concerns about the width and it's functionality as a step. My parents are older and can't even get into the bronco currently, so I need some steps of some sort. I do like the fact the shrockworks would make for a lower step in height though, so they are definitely in play. Have you checked out the prototypes from lod as well? I am looking at the two you have mentioned along with both of the offerings that will be coming from lod:. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/finally-frame-mounted-sliders-from-lod-offroad.34871/

Agreed, strength wise for slider use, the frame mounted ones are much better.
Yes. I like the LOD signature but still working out the dimensions vs the others. Those might not be enough step for your needs. Still prototypes as well.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. I like the LOD signature but still working out the dimensions vs the others. Those might not be enough step for your needs. Still prototypes as well.
Yeah, that's my fear. At least there are options.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just depends on your use, step or slider. I want good at both. I had LoD on my Jeep, solid step and slider. Very similar to Shrockworks. I have ordered some Shrockworks. I can report once I get them.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just depends on your use, step or slider. I want good at both. I had LoD on my Jeep, solid step and slider. Very similar to Shrockworks. I have ordered some Shrockworks. I can report once I get them.
Did you happen to get any indication of whether the hardware will be included? I guess it uses some kind of unique bolt system to fasten them to the frame?

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you happen to get any indication of whether the hardware will be included? I guess it uses some kind of unique bolt system to fasten them to the frame?
I'm really not sure but sliders are they're thing. I have no doubt they'll be good. I ordered with tread. I liked they were open at the bottom (less mud collection), less logos and available to order over LoD. I ordered about 2 weeks ago and they told me 3-4 weeks. I figured if I didn't like them it would be no problem selling them given the current market.

Sponsored

Desert Rider

First Edition
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1999 Super Duty, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm really not sure but sliders are they're thing. I have no doubt they'll be good. I ordered with tread. I liked they were open at the bottom (less mud collection), less logos and available to order over LoD. I ordered about 2 weeks ago and they told me 3-4 weeks. I figured if I didn't like them it would be no problem selling them given the current market.
Had Shrockworks sliders on my 2019 Ranger, very sturdy - just wish they had stuck out an inch further as they would have made better steps. Contemplating getting some for my Bronco FE, also looking at other options.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you happen to go with shrockworks, the install is easier than their instructions currently show. You don't need to remove the rear upper control links, and don't need to fully drop the gas tank. You do still have to drill 1 hole for the right slider's front bottom bolt, but its really easy. Check out the shrockworks thread for install tips.
Sponsored