Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m contemplating buying the Ford side steps/running boards for my four door Badlands (with Sasquatch) and just had a couple questions for folks who have a similar build with side steps.

1. What’s the clearance level difference with the side steps on? Obviously there’s a decrease, but roughly by how much?
  2. Do the side steps help with rocks and dirt etc. getting flung up the side of the vehicle? I know when I installed my rock rails on my jeep it helped with this and was just curious if this was the same or not.
Thanks!
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m contemplating buying the Ford side steps/running boards for my four door Badlands (with Sasquatch) and just had a couple questions for folks who have a similar build with side steps.

1. What’s the clearance level difference with the side steps on? Obviously there’s a decrease, but roughly by how much?
  2. Do the side steps help with rocks and dirt etc. getting flung up the side of the vehicle? I know when I installed my rock rails on my jeep it helped with this and was just curious if this was the same or not.
Thanks!
I can't answer #1 because I have a non sas, but they don't help with dirt or rocks. The mud and stuff still gets thrown up on the Bronco up to the door handles. My step gets covered with mud as well. Same thing happened on my F150 and I had to get mud flaps. I haven't found any that fit on my Bronco yet.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't answer #1 because I have a non sas, but they don't help with dirt or rocks. The mud and stuff still gets thrown up on the Bronco up to the door handles. My step gets covered with mud as well. Same thing happened on my F150 and I had to get mud flaps. I haven't found any that fit on my Bronco yet.
Thanks! That’s too bad; I was hoping they’d help with that (realizing it wouldn’t 100% stop it).

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! That’s too bad; I was hoping they’d help with that (realizing it wouldn’t 100% stop it).
I had over an inch of mud right behind the tire on the step last week from riding around on maintained trails in a state forest.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered OEM mud flaps for my Big Bend w/Side Steps from Granger Ford and they're supposed to install them when my Bronco arrives from The Mountain! I believe Paul in their Parts Department never said they wouldn't fit! Is your Bronco outfitted with OEM Side Steps? If so, do they keep mud flaps from being mounted?

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks!
I was wondering if my 5'4" wife was going to have problems getting in her Squatched Badlands but we just found out by trying some at at Super Cel West that it won't be an issue, even in a skirt. Lifted rigs on 37's would be a very different matter though. :oops: However, I will definitely be adding something behind the front wheels to keep the rock "spray" off the doors.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I believe you'd have to remove the rock rails from your badlands to install them.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe you'd have to remove the rock rails from your badlands to install them.
Yes, I will if I go that route. I'm sure there will be some good aftermarket options as well.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering if my 5'4" wife was going to have problems getting in her Squatched Badlands but we just found out by trying some at at Super Cel West that it won't be an issue, even in a skirt. Lifted rigs on 37's would be a very different matter though. :oops: However, I will definitely be adding something behind the front wheels to keep the rock "spray" off the doors.
Just take the doors off!
😉

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My fiancé tried climbing into a Sasquatched 2 door (forget what trim) a while back, and it was a struggle. She's about the same height as your wife. I'll likely just carry a small stool in the vehicle for the start - I prefer no side steps, but not opposed to it either if they look good.

I loved the ones on my Silverado; if I can find something like these I'd buy them right away:

Ford Bronco Side Step Questions A8B0328F-8896-401A-88E2-D8A4DA9BBFD5
Sponsored