Sponsored

LarryBirdsFace

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everything is cyclical and it’s the reign of the blacked out wheel look. I thought the blacked out wheels was played out about a month after it started so I dig this. I have a set of polished aluminum Baja style with the white lettering BFG’s on them awaiting a Bronco. I have seen a few around town and all of them have swapped out factory wheels for some blacked out wheel. They’ll all look at mine and think I’m some kind of old loser. Oh well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AKBronc49

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not making fun. Now they look like monte SS wheels.
Now that you mention it....lol

Which in my humble opinion is a fantastic looking wheel 😁

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. I think with some paint to match work and silver grille will really tie it all together.

I'm still really thinking about stainless bolts on the beauty ring to tie I to the chome lugs and Bronco emblems.

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the compliments, I honestly expected a much different reaction, much appreciated!

I'll try to go through the questions.
-Cost was $750 all in. (It's AK everything is more expensive)

Ford Bronco Silver powder coated Sasquatch wheels Screenshot_20220411-155730_Google
The devil is in the details. And I have to ask.
  • How did you manage this?
  • I'm assuming the tires have to be removed from the rims for the sandblast and powdercoat process. I doubt a paint oven cure does any good for rubber tires.
  • Did you remove the tires from the rims yourself at home? What tooling did you use?
  • Or did you use a professional tire shop? What was the cost there?
  • How did you manage to move stuff around?
  • From start to finish what was the timeline?
I can't imaging how this was accomplished, unless your paint guy in in a shop next door to a tire shop. Can you provide the details?

And yup, loving the work you've done here. Many thanks for your inspiration.

jwrshaffer

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like it as well. I would probably go all white for mine. I need to get my Bronco first but good work.

Sponsored
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Powder coated silver looks great!.. I actually had a appointment today to get a quote to have the outer ring powder coated carbonized gray. Made the appointment for 830 this morning and I called to confirm this morning.. They were not available to help me until 1030 which didn't work for me.. Looks like I will be looking for a new place! It sucks being relatively new to San Diego so don't know any places so going off referrals.. The 1st one didn't work for me so on to the next one.. I was told around 50/60 for just the ring is that even a good price?

OP
OP
AKBronc49

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The devil is in the details. And I have to ask.
  • How did you manage this?
  • I'm assuming the tires have to be removed from the rims for the sandblast and powdercoat process. I doubt a paint oven cure does any good for rubber tires.
  • Did you remove the tires from the rims yourself at home? What tooling did you use?
  • Or did you use a professional tire shop? What was the cost there?
  • How did you manage to move stuff around?
  • From start to finish what was the timeline?
I can't imaging how this was accomplished, unless your paint guy in in a shop next door to a tire shop. Can you provide the details?

And yup, loving the work you've done here. Many thanks for your inspiration.
It involves some logistics, but im used to that at work. I have multiple vehicles so leaving the Bronco sit wasn't a problem. (2) F150s, F250, Excursion for transportation.

I had my studded snow tires on 4 of the wheels, they had to he removed anyway to put the summer tires on.
1. Sunday March 20th I put my Bronco on Jack stands removed all the beauty rings and wheels/tires. I then loaded them into my F150
2. Monday March 21st I took all the wheels and tires to my go to tire shop. Had the tires, TPMS, valve stems removed, then I dropped the wheels off at the powder coater. I took my snow tires home and put them in storage until fall.
3. I waited for the powder coater to call on Friday April 1st. I had loaded the stock Goodyears into my Excursion the night before. I choose the Excursion because of the carpeted interior to hold the fresh wheels.
4. Picked up the wheels, drove back to my tire place I use. He was way backed up with seasonal tire changes (winter to summer) so I went to another place close to my work. Dropped the wheels, tires, TPMS and they called 3 hours later saying they were done.
5. Picked up all 5 wheels/tires mounted and balanced. Brought them home and mounted them on the Bronco and then installed the beauty rings.

Extra cost of mount and balance plus new valve stems was $139. My first tire guy didn't charge me to dismount.

Few pics of the process.

20220320_162339.jpg

20220320_171741.jpg

20220320_171858.jpg

20220323_175455.jpg

20220331_175622.jpg

20220401_104631.jpg

20220401_104704.jpg

Onthegas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basemansquatch 5/9/22
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Russ, great look. Thanks for the photo documentary ‘splaining it all!

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i've been thinking of doing a bronze ;)

OP
OP
AKBronc49

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i've been thinking of doing a bronze ;)
I was originally going to go with another set of Sasquatch wheels for winter, but im thinking maybe some bronze method wheels for my winter set, not sure I have all summer to think about it (all 4 months 😂).

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know this may not be for everyone, or maybe anyone but me. I'm not a huge fan of black wheels, I feel like the details of the wheel are lost. So I decided to have my factory Sasquatch wheels powder coated bright silver metallic. The Bronco needs a wash badly but I had to get some pics after I put them on.

Ford Bronco Silver powder coated Sasquatch wheels 20220401_104704

UPDATES:

Thanks for the compliments, I honestly expected a much different reaction, much appreciated!

I'll try to go through the questions.
-Cost was $750 all in. (It's AK everything is more expensive)
-Mud flaps are just universal flat flaps.
-I wanted to replace the beauty ring bolts with stainless steel for a little more pop but I couldn't get any locally in time.

I do plan on paint work, grill will have the outer edge painted blue to match and a very close silver to the wheels used on the center to look like a gen 1. Additionally I plan on painting the flares and the MIC top Velocity Blue to match. I believe this will tie it all together more.

I ran it through the car wash tonight and being clean makes a huge difference, I'll get better pics tomorrow in daylight.

Here's clean with a little sunlight.
I'm loving it more and more as the days go on.

Looks sharp. There's a place for black wheels, but there's a reason I kept my base steelies and upfit the tires. Nice.