Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer gts
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. I'll give it a look once I get the replacement order which hopefully has all the parts. Thanks
You use the same bolts from the existing latches, the don't come with that part.

20230128_130738.jpg

20230128_133435.jpg
Sponsored

Neejmais

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How easy is it install. I order one and came in. I was thinking of installing myself or have the dealer install. Let me know how easy it is

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You use the same bolts from the existing latches, the don't come with that part.

Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas 20230128_133435

Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas 20230128_133435
Ah good to know. Since the first page of the packing slip listed the bolts with quantity, I was expecting the kit came with the bolt hardware.

cjk619

Big Bend
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sheesh... Thanks guys for chiming in. Sounds like unless I want a work out and *hope it doesn't strip and "self-threads" by nature of strong arming these bolts, maybe buying a tap is worth a few bucks?

That said, when I hopefully get the bolts in my third order attempt, I can take them to the hardware store and test thread sizes. Until then, for those who had pre-tapped the brackets, any idea what size tap to purchase?

Thanks guys.
I also received my brackets without the threading done so had to do it myself. For future reference to anyone else that has this problem it required a M8-1.25 tap.

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also received my brackets without the threading done so had to do it myself. For future reference to anyone else that has this problem it required a M8-1.25 tap.
Yeah seems that norm from what I'm hearing.

Ford dealership where I picked it up said : "That's normal as Ford chooses to have you thread on the go via screwing the bolt in without it pre-threading for some applications. "

I'm like.... Erm... OK? All said, I happened to have the M8-1.25 tap on hand from something else on Bronco I had to fix prior, so I just pre threaded it and worked fine.

Note : Perhaps in just my case, but when I carefully / slowly pre-threaded it myself, I did notice that when it came time to bolt it down in those tapped spots, that although the bolt threaded very cleanly and decently snug, it did feel just a bit weak on tighting that I stopped a little short of the recommended torque specs in fear of stripping.

Otherwise easy peasy nice and smooth.
Sponsored