First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Understood but it started as snow and then turned to rain and froze up.
Lol , figured it wasn't just as simple as snow but couldn't help myself : )
I'm lucky to have a garage. You would just have to chip it away with a scraper I guess. If I'm lucky enough (to get it that is) I wont have to deal with it with a 2 door.
Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RCI Rock slider steps and some
Mud flaps solved any issues of snow accumulating on the doors. Wyoming winter tested!
What flaps do you have, my DYI ones fail in this regard. Just trying to keep road crap off the door handles, the wife is like ew that icky.

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dwadeuru10

Badlands
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata, Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Utah and have the same issue driving up to the ski resorts. I installed mud flaps on just the front a couple weeks ago. There is still a little bit of snow that gets on, but not as much as before that scrapes when I try to open the back door. I have the ones for the back as well, but haven't installed them yet.

I bought these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B429KFYQ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Splash Guards. Some don.t like the look but they do serve a purpose and are needed for some areas of the country.
I have the bronco splash guards from ford accessories. Can confirm that they do not prevent this from happening. Have not had issues with the door self clearing the snow. If it's frozen on there I just knock it off with my hands.

Sponsored

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It was always worse on my Wrangler. Sometimes the kids couldn't even get out without getting dirty snow down their backs. The painted flare and step on my OBX seems to help, but that wet slushy snow still builds up.

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an OBX and we’ve had a ton of snow this winter. The steps help a lot, but there are sleety+snowy days I have had a bit of build up which build up past the door frame. I check it when I stop and swipe it off on those days — with the painted flares it slides off. Wonder if one of those plastic “protector” treatments would help with the regular flares.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the bronco splash guards from ford accessories. Can confirm that they do not prevent this from happening. Have not had issues with the door self clearing the snow. If it's frozen on there I just knock it off with my hands.
So you are saying it's 2 door for the win? :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, had to go there. All in fun of course. Do you think a longer flap would help the issue?

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an OBX and we’ve had a ton of snow this winter. The steps help a lot, but there are sleety+snowy days I have had a bit of build up which build up past the door frame. I check it when I stop and swipe it off on those days — with the painted flares it slides off. Wonder if one of those plastic “protector” treatments would help with the regular flares.
There's at least three Minnesotans in this thread. We've had quite a year for snow 😂

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well we had our first real snow fall and I experienced the snow building up on the rear fender flares that blocks the rear doosr on my 4 door from opening.

I had see in the past (before my Bronco came in) that others were having this issue so I searched the forum and was unable to find where anyone came up with a solution to keep the snow from building up.

Any ideas on how to prevent this?

Thanks
Hi there. This door-opening concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there. This door-opening concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
I'm getting more and more convinced this is either:

a) bot account
b) the most clever troll account to date

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the Ford forum account spokesperson even read the first post or thereafter or just the title?

Asking for a friend 🤔

OP
OP

Junior127

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend, 2019 F350, 1992 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have GTECHNIQ plastic trim sealant on the flares. It doesn't seem to help.
Sponsored