First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call me crazy, but based on the description in post #1, OP is at fault in this crash. Sounds unambiguously like a case of not leaving enough following distance. The first car getting cut off could be the cops fault, but the second following driver is 100% responsible for what their bumper hits.
Well since this thread has been resurrected, this is how it is in CA and a few other states. Drivers are responsible to leave enough distance from the car in front of you to safety stop. It doesn't matter if Jesus himself appeared in front of the car ahead causing them to instantly they slam the brakes.

Where it gets sketchy is when someone merges and takes that safety space moments before a wreck. Then it becomes hopefully you have a dash cam.
Sponsored

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Call me crazy, but based on the description in post #1, OP is at fault in this crash. Sounds unambiguously like a case of not leaving enough following distance. The first car getting cut off could be the cops fault, but the second following driver is 100% responsible for what their bumper hits.

From Johnson Garcia LLP in Houston

"So, who’s responsible for a rear-end collision?
If you are involved in a rear-end collision in Texas, you are not automatically at fault for the accident. In fact, you should ignore the erroneous belief held by most drivers that if you hit someone from behind in Texas, you will be automatically held responsible for the wreck. A judge or jury has the right to apportion responsibility between the drivers involved in the rear-end collision."

"Unavoidable accident
You must have heard that some accidents are unavoidable. These events happen but aren’t caused by the negligence of any driver. For instance, a wild animal might cross a busy road and end up causing a traffic crash. If a passenger in the vehicle is injured and files a lawsuit against the driver, the accused can claim that this traffic crash was unavoidable. "

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not unavoidable if you're following too close to stop in an emergency. IOWs creating a hazard is not an excuse.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All I hear is blah (fault) blah (insurance) blah (legal), blah, f’ing blah.
More importantly, did OP get his Bronco fixed? It’s December. Gimme some good news.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More importantly, did OP get his Bronco fixed? It’s December. Gimme some good news.
Yeah exactly, I assume it was fixed and done with but follow up would be nice from the OP.

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The LEO on the accident scene should have written tickets for the non-licensed/insured driver also.
I had a person make a left turn from the right lane in front of me and I T-boned them. It was their fault, but I ended up with a ticket also for an expired insurance card.

dj101nyc

Wildtrak
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No idea who they said is responsible. USAA said I have a $500 deductible and that’s it but the other driver had a salvage title, no license, no insurance, and fake license plates.
I am taking it in Thursday to be fully looked at but from what I can see it’s just the damage in the photos and my bumper is a bit crooked.
It's becoming very common, uninsured & stolen vehicles taken for joy rides because apparently we don't punish criminals anymore...

OP
OP
tm0708

tm0708

Base
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes sorry, I actually just dropped it off this past Saturday to get fixed because the parts took a while to come in.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes sorry, I actually just dropped it off this past Saturday to get fixed because the parts took a while to come in.
Wasn't swiping at you in the least. The thread went off the rails when all you really needed was sympathy/empathy about the bad thing that happened. Glad you are okay, that it's getting fixed, and I'm pretty impressed by the performance of everything in that crash.

OP
OP
tm0708

tm0708

Base
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wasn't swiping at you in the least. The thread went off the rails when all you really needed was sympathy/empathy about the bad thing that happened. Glad you are okay, that it's getting fixed, and I'm pretty impressed by the performance of everything in that crash.
Oh yeah, everything is good and taken care of finally. My insurance got everything worked out and denied the bs claims that they tried to make. Idk if I ever said but it turned out to not even be his car... he was just transporting it for some guy that registered himself as a private dealer (since anyone can in Texas). And then the driver tried to make a claim for a car that wasn't even his. Lmao. My insurance was quick to decline that one.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately for me, today on my way home from work, a police officer pulled out in front of the blue car to pursue someone and both of us slammed on our brakes to avoid a collision with the officer.
As sad as it is, the bronco is a beast and I recommend the steel bumper as well as the bull bar for everyone interested. It almost certainly saved my grille and hood from far worse damage.

86DB848E-8C7B-4D34-908F-F6B80DA9C172.jpeg
So that's how you get those plastic clips off!

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope! He somehow got away with zero tickets as well. Not sure if they will charge him later but there were so many things wrong with his situation. It wasn’t his car either he was transporting it for a dealer.
i mean yeah, why enforce laws. seems to me a fake license plate as a minimum would be cause for arrest. In some states, no insurance is a problem as well. Fake plates = fake or no registration right?

TonyaGilmore

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Although it's very regrettable, it appears that they can fix it.
Sponsored