First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When putting the windows back in, the rear top corners do not lock into the slots properly and the Velcro does not come all the way down on the corners. I have tried to stretch the top as much as possible but now the Velcro is starting to pull away from the top. The buckles seem to have a lot of stress as well and are unusually difficult to buckle. Has anyone experienced this and maybe identify what may be wrong or if I am not doing something right? Thanks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Sponsored

Aspeer

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have seen several post related to this and I am experiencing the same problem. In my case, I have a plastic piece in the corner that is ripping.

IMG_0177.jpeg

IMG_0178.jpeg

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah it's a crappy top. Helps a lot if you fold the back half back when velcroing everything.

OP
OP

Kinnywayne

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious…do you have the IAG rear lift assist? I feel like that may be putting tension on the top not allowing it to settle back. Only thing I can think of that changed from when I first had it and it was fine to when this started. I’m going to remove and see what happens. Stay tuned…

Nxtr06

Wildtrak
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When putting the windows back in, the rear top corners do not lock into the slots properly and the Velcro does not come all the way down on the corners. I have tried to stretch the top as much as possible but now the Velcro is starting to pull away from the top. The buckles seem to have a lot of stress as well and are unusually difficult to buckle. Has anyone experienced this and maybe identify what may be wrong or if I am not doing something right? Thanks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sponsored

Nxtr06

Wildtrak
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same here drivers side rear top corner. I’ve tried to overlook the piece of Velcro sticking out and tell my self maybe the top shrunk and will loosen up later. Then I saw your post and remembered the multiple times I’ve tried to pull it down further. I then had the well maybe if I aha moment. I don’t remember ever trying to get the rear corners down and properly affixed while having the top half way open, then close and lock it in up front. 🤔I will give it a go this week and see what happens.

OP
OP

Kinnywayne

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I went out and found that you have to pull down on the top and then buckle/Velcro the back. Pull hard on the corners and you can get them in the right position. After that, you have to stretch the side Velcro from back to from in order to pull the corner tight. I feel like there is too much slack on the sides but still can’t get an even line across the sides. Pain in the butt! I’m going to try and remove my IAG assist tomorrow but the tension strap is there so not sure that is an issue.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not latching the two points up front above the windshield will help you get the back end fitted correctly.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco Soft Top Corners not locking into place IMG_0178

yes
i broke 1 side because it wouldnt lock so i smacked it lol
replaced it with branddy new and now wont stay clicked into holder but the rest latches on pretty good so oh well live goes on
Sponsored