Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried to fully retract the soft top today, but it's not "clicking" or locking into position in the fully reclined/retracted position.

Guessing I just need to put it back up and then back down or something, but is there some kind of trick?

The videos I've watched of others putting the top all the way back, it literally just does it on its own when they throw it back.

Also, going to put that PPF on the roll bar finally, because, it's already scratched the paint in the one time I tried putting it back up to get it to lock properly... yay. Luckily, it's a stupid small chip, and the PPF will stop it from getting worse. Gotta be careful with this stupid thing, the paint is THIN on the Bronco.
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No trick on mine, just applied pressure and it clicked.
I got nicks and scratches too on my pillar. I got a tip to pull them off and on by going to the 2nd row in the car so you can push/pull from the middle. Seems like a better way since itā€™s been more balanced. Taking the top completely off is really hard to try to not scratch it though. PPF will def help.

OP
OP
TheKim

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No trick on mine, just applied pressure and it clicked.
I got nicks and scratches too on my pillar. I got a tip to pull them off and on by going to the 2nd row in the car so you can push/pull from the middle. Seems like a better way since itā€™s been more balanced. Taking the top completely off is really hard to try to nit scratch it though. PPF will def help.
Well, it's currently folded all the way back, so I'll go put the PPF on it and let it sit overnight to "cure" or dry, and then try putting it back up and then back down. Definitely doesn't click or lock into position though... hopefully all I need to do is reset it and try again. If not, guess my dealer will be getting a visit next week, lol.

OP
OP
TheKim

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got it to lock - just pulled that little lever up all the way (guess it could use a little grease), and it popped into place.
We're all good.

šŸ˜Ž

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having the same problem .. when it's folded all the way back, it won't latch into place, no matter how much pressure I put on it.

Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having the same problem .. when it's folded all the way back, it won't latch into place, no matter how much pressure I put on it.
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem.
My soft top brackets needed adjustments when I took delivery. It had trouble latching and then once latched didnā€™t want to come unlatched from fully reclined. I think it was the top brackets above the back seats and the ones near the tailgate that I adjusted. There is wiggle room on purpose once you loosen the bracket bolts. Your problem might be different but Iā€™d try adjusting myself before taking it to the dealer

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My soft top brackets needed adjustments when I took delivery. It had trouble latching and then once latched didnā€™t want to come unlatched from fully reclined. I think it was the top brackets above the back seats and the ones near the tailgate that I adjusted. There is wiggle room on purpose once you loosen the bracket bolts. Your problem might be different but Iā€™d try adjusting myself before taking it to the dealer
Thanks yeah, for me itā€™s the two small posts in the fully recline position that donā€™t latch well. The other positions are fine for me. Unfortunately that small bracket only moves side to side, but I need to move it down a bit to get it to engage the latch. Iā€™ve got it to wear I can force engage it with weight down and pulling the gray lever upwards, but itā€™s definitely not functioning how it should. Maybe my top canvas is folding weird and getting in the way of the bars fully collapsing.
Sponsored