Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At ~1800mi my soft top developed a click. Sounds like it’s coming from the rear passenger corner. Only when I hit bumps (even small ones). Assuming it’s metal to metal contact when the rear makes vertical motion. Nothing major by any means… just annoying because I notice every new sound the car makes now..
anyone else?
@Ford Motor Company ?
Sponsored

Reactions: R11

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t investigated this but yes I’ve had this same thing since new. It’s not exactly bump specific and seems to be more when a certain jolt gets sent through the chassis from various vibrations.

OP
OP
iwantabasebronco

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I haven’t investigated this but yes I’ve had this same thing since new. It’s not exactly bump specific and seems to be more when a certain jolt gets sent through the chassis from various vibrations.
Yeah I could describe it the same way. I’ve been able to replicate the noise by tapping the top of the top, but cant find where metal to metal would be hitting.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No noise like that on mine although I probably couldn't hear it depending on frequency. I have never opened top more than halfway and have yet to remove and reinstall side windows in case thst has anything to do with it.

Did your dealer follow the TSB and install rub pads or tape to the top frame or roll cage? There was discussion of parts rubbing and paint damage about 6 months ago

OP
OP
iwantabasebronco

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No noise like that on mine although I probably couldn't hear it depending on frequency. I have never opened top more than halfway and have yet to remove and reinstall side windows in case thst has anything to do with it.

Did your dealer follow the TSB and install rub pads or tape to the top frame or roll cage? There was discussion of parts rubbing and paint damage about 6 months ago
Good question! I’ll investigate where it gets close to the frame and look for signs of contact. Again not a big deal… can’t be heard over the radio. Just annoying

Sponsored

Area51J

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the same issue...it is very random for me. I haven't been able to figure it out either.

Jelly81Raider

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a pop/squeak right rear and corrected with soft top realignment. Check that the soft top is seated flush on the alignment pins (back by where the top bolts on). My top was misaligned 1/4” and 1/2” on either side. Worth a shot!
Ford Bronco Clicking noise- soft top - rear passenger corner 2011FF40-EEA0-4AD6-9DC1-4CDEE1A2205D
Ford Bronco Clicking noise- soft top - rear passenger corner F9C3B853-956C-4502-AB0E-516B31B84E1D

OP
OP
iwantabasebronco

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a pop/squeak right rear and corrected with soft top realignment. Check that the soft top is seated flush on the alignment pins (back by where the top bolts on). My top was misaligned 1/4” and 1/2” on either side. Worth a shot!
Ford Bronco Clicking noise- soft top - rear passenger corner F9C3B853-956C-4502-AB0E-516B31B84E1D
Thank you much! I hadn’t thought of looking In the manual, but that’s what it’s for haha. I’ll do this later and report my findings.

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That pin you circled, should it be resting on that lip near it? Or is it in the correct location? Thanks.

Jelly81Raider

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Base
That pin you circled, should it be resting on that lip near it? Or is it in the correct location? Thanks.
Yep OP said it. I think they’re supposed to sit flush on top of the pin. Mine was lifted up on both sides originally. The pic is how it should look.

bbacon05

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been having the exact same issue from the same spot, rear passenger side. I'll have to check out the alignment pins on mine

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
At ~1800mi my soft top developed a click. Sounds like it’s coming from the rear passenger corner. Only when I hit bumps (even small ones). Assuming it’s metal to metal contact when the rear makes vertical motion. Nothing major by any means… just annoying because I notice every new sound the car makes now..
anyone else?
@Ford Motor Company ?
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this Bronco concern on my end.
Sponsored