First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe someone else is experiencing what I am..when I get up to about 40+mph I start hearing noticeable wind noise from my rear passenger door. The best way to describe it is it sounds like the window is barely cracked. I thought maybe the top wasn’t tucked right or velcro not attached so I took the top all the way down and put it back up. It did nothing. It’s extremely annoying, very noticeable and I’m not sure if the dealer will do anything about it. Anyone have thoughts?
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Soft top does have areas where the wind can get through. Few things I would check: Make sure when it is closed it is latching properly at the B pillar. Sometimes the little hooks don't grab all the way, especially in the begining (not the main latches at the windshield, but where you squeeze the lever to move top from position 1, to position 2/all the way down). If those are latched properly after bringing the top back up, check to make sure the cable is sitting in it's bracket properly. Same area.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP

MrDrProfJon

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Soft top does have areas where the wind can get through. Few things I would check: Make sure when it is closed it is latching properly at the B pillar. Sometimes the little hooks don't grab all the way, especially in the begining (not the main latches at the windshield, but where you squeeze the lever to move top from position 1, to position 2/all the way down). If those are latched properly after bringing the top back up, check to make sure the cable is sitting in it's bracket properly. Same area.
You said make sure the cable is in the right spot, are you referring to the cable that is used to connect the B pillar lever to both sides of the bronco?

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You said make sure the cable is in the right spot, are you referring to the cable that is used to connect the B pillar lever to both sides of the bronco?
Yeah some people have had the cables not seated properly, and I would imagine this could cause inappropriate tension.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah some people have had the cables not seated properly, and I would imagine this could cause inappropriate tension.
Any pics of what this entails? Having trouble picturing it.

In any case, OP, yes, I'm having the same, and to the best of my knowledge the middle latches are fully engaged. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sure that the window is closing all the way when you shut the door. Sometimes it “forgets” to go up when you shut it.
To fix it, roll it down all the way and hold the button down for a count of 5, then roll it up and do the same thing. That might be your problem. I absolutely love the soft top, hope you do too!

Sponsored
OP
OP

MrDrProfJon

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Make sure that the window is closing all the way when you shut the door. Sometimes it “forgets” to go up when you shut it.
To fix it, roll it down all the way and hold the button down for a count of 5, then roll it up and do the same thing. That might be your problem. I absolutely love the soft top, hope you do too!
I know what you mean, however it doesn’t sound like it’s EXACTLY coming from the window. Almost like it’s coming from the door jam, above roll cage area

OP
OP

MrDrProfJon

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Of course it’s raining right now in my area lol so I’ll wait until it stops to put the top down and check the wire and seals

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Maybe someone else is experiencing what I am..when I get up to about 40+mph I start hearing noticeable wind noise from my rear passenger door. The best way to describe it is it sounds like the window is barely cracked. I thought maybe the top wasn’t tucked right or velcro not attached so I took the top all the way down and put it back up. It did nothing. It’s extremely annoying, very noticeable and I’m not sure if the dealer will do anything about it. Anyone have thoughts?
Hi Jon. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Potroast_Jr

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry to necro this thread, but did you ever find a solution? I just got my '23 a few days before Christmas and I have this noise exactly as you describe it. For reference, I drove a '21 soft top for 9 months and never heard this much wind noise. Not even close.

OP
OP

MrDrProfJon

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to necro this thread, but did you ever find a solution? I just got my '23 a few days before Christmas and I have this noise exactly as you describe it. For reference, I drove a '21 soft top for 9 months and never heard this much wind noise. Not even close.
Basically I was told by Ford to deal with it and it’s normal. Do I agree with their decision? No not at all. Wind noise inside a cabin should never be considered normal. However, a buddy of mine let me drive his bronco (same exact spec as mine) and I heard the same exact noise in his. So I’ve learned to deal with it by turning my music up louder lol
Sponsored