First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250 Platiinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The soft top noise on my 2021 Badlands SAS has been bothering me for a while now and after searching for several related topics I couldn't find a thread stating issues with wind leakage along and across the right front and rear passenger doors where they meet. On the drivers side the soft top (when up) stays fairly tight along the roofline on top of both driver door and left rear passenger door. But...on the right side there is an entire section where the soft top flaps, lets in a lot of air and wind and is super noisy. I feel like there is a failure in the top...its just too darn loose. Any ideas and/or maybe this is a dealer question which I haven't gone to yet. At some point I see an aftermarket top may be an answer if they are any better. Thanks!
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the right side snap into place like the left does? I notice that when I drop the top, they don't always snap in together....

OP
OP

StPeteBronco

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250 Platiinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I see the issue. There is a cable running through the edging on the top and on the right passenger side its very loose. However on the drivers side its tight and I can barely lift the side of the top. See pics.

Loose Cable.jpg

Right side loose top.jpg

Drivers side tight top.jpg

RUBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had this problem on day 1. The cable should anchor into a weird little bracket at the front of the roofline. It's sort of an "over-under" latch near the end of the wire. Pop it back into place, and you'll be good. Horrible design.

OP
OP

StPeteBronco

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250 Platiinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had this problem on day 1. The cable should anchor into a weird little bracket at the front of the roofline. It's sort of an "over-under" latch near the end of the wire. Pop it back into place, and you'll be good. Horrible design.
Thanks for the help on this!!

Sponsored

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any picture(s) of this weird little bracket at the front of the roofline, something which shows exactly how the cable should be run?

I went and looked at my soft top today, including popping the front latches and lifting the forward section up.
Still trying to figure what is the right way that the cable should be run.

Is there a way to tighten the loose cable? Is there any reason for the problem being on the Right side, or does it affect the Left side, or even both sides on some vehicles?

Thanks!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The soft top noise on my 2021 Badlands SAS has been bothering me for a while now and after searching for several related topics I couldn't find a thread stating issues with wind leakage along and across the right front and rear passenger doors where they meet. On the drivers side the soft top (when up) stays fairly tight along the roofline on top of both driver door and left rear passenger door. But...on the right side there is an entire section where the soft top flaps, lets in a lot of air and wind and is super noisy. I feel like there is a failure in the top...its just too darn loose. Any ideas and/or maybe this is a dealer question which I haven't gone to yet. At some point I see an aftermarket top may be an answer if they are any better. Thanks!
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
Sponsored