Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Paying attention to this thread now. Just got my MIC 4dr five days ago and finally got on the freeway yesterday and noticed a lot of wind noise coming from front center of the roof. I can't tell if it's just wind noise because of the top has grooves for the air to catch or it's actually 'leaking'... I can't feel any air push when I'm driving but I'm not thrilled with the sound.

Nothing looks out of sorts really - redid the latches and see if that works.
I live in Phoenix so we don't get much rain for me to test that but i may get some buckets of water and see if anything happens.

Ford Bronco UPDATED: MIC top seal letting in wind noise and water leak mic-to
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Paying attention to this thread now. Just got my MIC 4dr five days ago and finally got on the freeway yesterday and noticed a lot of wind noise coming from front center of the roof. I can't tell if it's just wind noise because of the top has grooves for the air to catch or it's actually 'leaking'... I can't feel any air push when I'm driving but I'm not thrilled with the sound.

Nothing looks out of sorts really - redid the latches and see if that works.
I live in Phoenix so we don't get much rain for me to test that but i may get some buckets of water and see if anything happens.

Maybe, run it through the car wash?

Ric

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F 350 DRW 7.3 Power Stroke, 2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Scheduled for my new roof tomorrow, hopefully it helps with the noise. It seems to have gotten worse with the cold weather. Iā€™ll keep you posted.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Scheduled for my new roof tomorrow, hopefully it helps with the noise. It seems to have gotten worse with the cold weather. Iā€™ll keep you posted.
How did it go?

Ric

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F 350 DRW 7.3 Power Stroke, 2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How did it go?
They didnā€™t have the parts. This dealership goes through service managerā€™s fairly quickly.
Back in a holding pattern.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They didnā€™t have the parts. This dealership goes through service managerā€™s fairly quickly.
Back in a holding pattern.
I wonder how our MIC top compares with Jeepā€™s hardtop? The painted tops they have look beautiful.

Joemama

Outer Banks
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm curious about the seal on my MIC top. Does the center seal on your MIC top take a dive like mine? I feel like I'm getting more wind noise than I should be. I've also got a leak from this area.

UPDATE: Turns out I'm getting significant wind noise. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner, but I stuffed my hand up against the seal while driving and SILENT BLISS!

UPDATE 2:
TSB 21-0002 was installed and has been working great. It significantly reduced interior wind noise and water accumulation.

7215C209-DDF5-4818-8809-46FE7896ED34.jpeg
is the towel TSB 21-0002? i can't find that number under the tech services bulletins

Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Roof leak is back!

I had high hopes that my roof leak along the pass door air bag was going to be fixed with the new replacement part the was put in per roof leak seal bulletin replace by Ford. It held up for a week, but we have a bit more rain this weekend and not not only is it coming through the pass air bag it is also leaking through the center top console which was not a problem before the replacement.

Instead of a nice new car smell when you get in your hit with wet damp carpet smell.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shit ainā€™t right!

Sponsored

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have started a thread with my wind noise experience HERE if anyone is interested with up close pictures of air leaks that I have found and places to look if you have wind noise

BigOleBuck

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So..my thought is they are going to crank out these crappy tops and eventually replace them all in 2023ish, but my question is...what do we do in the meantime while our interior gets ruined by water? I live in Buffalo and we get constant rain and snow, and I'm really worried about how my hard top is going to hold up. Unfortunately my garage is too small for the bronco as well...
are you really banking on that? i feel like the likelihood of that is slim to none.

BigOleBuck

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder how our MIC top compares with Jeepā€™s hardtop? The painted tops they have look beautiful.
i rode in a jeep for 2 hours on the highway recently and it sounded like a sedan. No observable removable-top-induced wind noise. Can't neglect the fact that we experienced the Jeep Death Wobble 10 times over the course of the trip, but the wind noise was a non-issue.

Bigdeer2000

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One of the main reasons I ordered A bronco to replace my hard top Jeep was because I couldnā€™t keep the rain out. My Jeep top leaked a lot. So far my bronco has stayed dry on the inside.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One of the main reasons I ordered A bronco to replace my hard top Jeep was because I couldnā€™t keep the rain out. My Jeep top leaked a lot. So far my bronco has stayed dry on the inside.
Iā€™ve only had my hard top OBX for a week, but no sign of leaks, even though it has rained every day since I picked it up.
Sponsored