Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea, my dealer told me the same thing. I'm assuming they made some changes to the soft top from the early '21 models to the newer ones.

I'm fairly certain the weather stripping "join" where the top pivots is the isssue. That's exactly where the noise is coming from and it looks different than my '21 did.
Sponsored

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi all, any resolution to the passenger side wind noise through the soft top? I'm having the exact issue. Its making me hate to drive the Bronco with the soft top up. Driving me crazy.

NLG4021

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve only had my bronco for a few weeks now, and I’ve had the same noise. I took a microfiber towel and stuffed it between the soft top frame and the roof where I thought the sound was coming from. It made a huge difference. I know it’s not a permanent fix but definitely kept me from going crazy.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve only had my bronco for a few weeks now, and I’ve had the same noise. I took a microfiber towel and stuffed it between the soft top frame and the roof where I thought the sound was coming from. It made a huge difference. I know it’s not a permanent fix but definitely kept me from going crazy.
Good morning. Could you send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this wind noise concern on my end? Thank you!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all, any resolution to the passenger side wind noise through the soft top? I'm having the exact issue. Its making me hate to drive the Bronco with the soft top up. Driving me crazy.
Hey there! Can you please send me a DM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this wind noise concern for you? I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!

Sponsored

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Checking in again... anybody found a fix? This noise drives me CRAZY. It has to be an engineering defect as others have it too.

Stuffing a towel up there isn't a good solution in the summertime since I take the top up / down quite a bit.

Maybe I can stuff some smaller foam or somehting up there. Anybody tried it?

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi all, I figured out the root cause of the issue. When you fold the top open, there's a piece that lays between the top and the roof. On the drivers side, it sits flush with the metal roof. On the drivers side, it doesn't sit firm on the metal roof, it kinda "floats". I could not figure out how to keep it firm and planted like on the drivers side. Its exactly where the noise comes in, and I can reproduce it 100% of the time. There's no fix, since if you glue the top part then you cannot flip the top up.
If anybody has ideas let me know. Drives me NUTS to have wind coming into the cabin, as this part not sitting firm leaves an air gap. Its like having the window craked the entire time you're driving around!!!!

In the diagram, its where the red arrow is. It not flush, but you can lift it up with your hand easily.

Dealer is useless. They have zero interest to fix it.

stof tops.png

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Soft top does have areas where the wind can get through. Few things I would check: Make sure when it is closed it is latching properly at the B pillar. Sometimes the little hooks don't grab all the way, especially in the begining (not the main latches at the windshield, but where you squeeze the lever to move top from position 1, to position 2/all the way down). If those are latched properly after bringing the top back up, check to make sure the cable is sitting in it's bracket properly. Same area.
MIne is 100% latched properly. However on the passenger side, above the rear door, the top does not stay fimly attached to the metal roof. It pops up a little, even when latched closed. This leaves an opening for wind to get through, similar to a window being cracked open.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zip tie the bracket down to the roll bar? Not a great solution but better than nothing.

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Zip tie the bracket down to the roll bar? Not a great solution but better than nothing.
Actually, that would work. The issue is I'd need to zip tie it every time I fold the top fully back. However it would stop the noise.

I'll try it tomorrow. If it works, then I'll go from there.

Sponsored

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the same noise at the same spot on the passenger side. I noticed when I flip the top up, the passenger side lifts a little where the driver side does not. And I got the same, "That's the way it is" from multiple dealers. So frustrating.

As I read our forum you notice so many people having the same issue and the dealer not acknowledging it. I thought I would have the same experience from Ford as when I got my first year '04 F150 when they came out and now my son drives. Every minor issue on that was handled right away. Not so on my '21 Bronco. I feel like dealers don't want to work on Broncos.

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the same noise at the same spot on the passenger side. I noticed when I flip the top up, the passenger side lifts a little where the driver side does not. And I got the same, "That's the way it is" from multiple dealers. So frustrating.

As I read our forum you notice so many people having the same issue and the dealer not acknowledging it. I thought I would have the same experience from Ford as when I got my first year '04 F150 when they came out and now my son drives. Every minor issue on that was handled right away. Not so on my '21 Bronco. I feel like dealers don't want to work on Broncos.
Ok, so I'm not crazy. Its clearly a quality issue from Ford. I may try to use straps to lock that side down in the winter. I open the top too often in the summertime to deal with it. But it drives me CRAZY to hear an open window the entire time I'm driving!!!!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this noise concern? Thank you!

jason9m9

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t have the soft top, but I do notice this same thing with the hard top version as well. Any advice? I know the hard tops have been plagued with wind noise, but it’s interesting I feel like this is the exact description of what I’m hearing as well from that rear passenger.

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So glad to see this thread! My 21 Black Diamond 4 Dr soft top has had that noise for 18k miles. Sad that Ford can’t help us out any more than asking for our VIN. 👎
Sponsored