First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There was an unusual rattle coming from the passenger side above the window and I finally figured out what it is was; there is some kind of loose metallic piece under the corner trim of the crossbar. I have temporarily put a C-Clamp on it to eliminate the noise until I can get to a dealership.

Posting just in case someone else is having issue not knowing where it's coming from.

Sponsored

BigShooter

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same issue with my 2.7l @ 1800 miles as well. The dealership let me know the engine had to be pulled from the car to do the repair. It was my dealership’s first cam phaser repair. Car was in the shop for 2 weeks due to additional parts needed. The cam chain was out of spec du to the rattling. I’m now glad I purchased the extended warranty…

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice catch mine does it as well on both sides. Was curious if you had a picture of c clamp on? I need to put one on as I wait to get in to dealership. Did they say what the issue was?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nice catch mine does it as well on both sides. Was curious if you had a picture of c clamp on? I need to put one on as I wait to get in to dealership. Did they say what the issue was?
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this rattle concern. Thanks!

Sponsored

imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the clue. I just popped off this panel. It looks like their are some air bag solenoids and metal hoses beneath the trim piece. The clips that retain the plastic trim don't hold it firm and that allows the plastic to tap against the metal. A few strategic pieces of isolating material between the trim and the metal ought to do the trick.

imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The metal bracket circled in the photo below is A) not securely "riveted" to the plastic and B) sits against the metal cross bar. Any slop in this system and a metal-on-metal sound will occur.

I made three modifications with craft store supplies:
1. I added a strip of double-sided tape between the metal bracket and the plastic trim to fully secure the bracket to the plastic trim.
2. I added adhesive medium-density foam on the cross bar where these brackets sit to isolate any metal-on-metal contact.
3. I added adhesive felt over the tabs on the crossbar trim (not pictured) where these trim pieces sit to eliminate any plastic to plastic rattle.

These panels are in the corners of the crossbar, located along the roofline just behind the rear seat. They can be removed by first bending them free of other plastic trim pieces then pulling with firm, downward force. The primary retention method is two metal expansion clips that go into slots in the roll bar (seen just above the red circles); both rearward clips stayed in the roll bar and had to be removed and reinstalled onto the trim before reinstalling the trim. The expanding tabs of the clip can be compressed with needle-nose and will come out easily once compressed.

Ford Bronco Soft Top Passenger Rattle - Crossbar Corner Rattle IMG_8802
Sponsored