First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 f250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude, I've been chasing this rattle forever! It's been to the dealer twice. I thought it was the door. They tightened everything down, did the window guide adjustment, and just couldn't find it. This weekend I finally dug into it myself and after disassembling the door, going through everything, and driving around with the door panel off I finally figured out it was the seat.

Specifically, its the seat rails. You'll find if you move the seat all the way forward it doesn't do it. There's the rail that's attached to the seat, and the rail that's attached to the floor. The seat rail slides inside the floor rail as you move the seat back and forth. These two rails are banging against each other over bumps.

If you look in there with a flashlight, there's a strip of blue plastic towards the front, that kinda acts as a "guide" for the inner rail, and stops excessive movement. Ford, in their infinite wisdom, decided this guide didn't need to extend the full length of the rail. So when the seat is about halfway or more back, there's no support and the rails start rattling together.

It's fuckin infuriating, and I can't believe you're the ONLY other person I've seen mention it.

Unfortunately I have no idea how it can be fixed.
I have the same seat rattle. It sucks. I also have the tire jack kit making a ton of noise in the back. Despite packing the compartment with rubber pieces and rags.

My wife’s two door base doesn’t make a sound. My badlands sound like a tin can full of bolts.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you try tucking the passenger seat belt receiver between the center console and the passenger seat by chance?

I have the same seat rattle. It sucks. I also have the tire jack kit making a ton of noise in the back. Despite packing the compartment with rubber pieces and rags.

My wife’s two door base doesn’t make a sound. My badlands sound like a tin can full of bolts.

Craig

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 f250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you try tucking the passenger seat belt receiver between the center console and the passenger seat by chance?
Yes. It goes away if someone is in the seat. Going to move it forward to see if that helps.

Archedamian

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands, Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have this same passenger seat rattle which goes away when someone sits in the seat. I’ll be following this thread for solutions.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For the past few weeks I’ve heard a mild rattle coming from what I thought was the passenger door especially when hitting bumps or rough road. I tried the window rattle adjustment as a last resort, removed the sill plate cover, tried placing a small towel (flat) in different places between the frame and door, tried loosing the door latch, etc… all thinking there was a slight contact between the body and the frame of the door. It was driving me nuts and would have to turn music on to help. I figured I’d have to take it into the dealer.

I asked my wife to drive it so I could try to isolate the sound. Oddly, when I was in the passenger seat the sound ceased. I had her stop and I moved to the back seat and the sound returned.

I haven’t isolated the location of the rattle from the passenger seat yet. It’s not the seat belt. I’ve fastened that and the sound is still there. I searched the forum and found maybe two other people mentioning it but haven’t found the fix. Anyone else have this problem? How’d ya fix it if you did. Thanks!

Disclaimer: I’m well aware that some Bronco owners have lots of creaks and rattles and if you like that, awesome! I’ve got pretty sensitive hearing and it drives me crazy. Anyone else deal with misophonia? Lol
I have the EXACT same experience (2021, FE, ~12K miles)! Thought it was the window forever and did all kinds of trouble shooting. Just recently started to think it was the seat. Going to try to seatbelt tucking recommendation to see if that helps.

Thanks for starting this thread!

Sponsored

HiroPro

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

….ok so I spent an hour or so today driving around trying to figure this out and isolate the noise. I tried @AK SNO RIDER ’s method but sadly it didn’t work for me despite the location I placed the “tackle box” piece. It also made no difference for me if the seats were forward or back. I finally gave up and decided that when I had the time I’d take it to a dealership.

I started doing some Google searches and unfortunately because of the “window rattle” issue and various other rattle issues it was a perpetual black hole of threads with no answers…

As I was reading through one of the threads over on Bronco Nation I believe it was, a few people said that they found that it was their seat buckle receptor… (I don’t know the name)… and that they tucked the seatbelt receptor between the console and the seat and the noise was gone. I thought to myself… this is not me, I’m not lucky enough to have it be something that simple. I almost thought it was too simple after all those hours of messing around with the rails and what not. Well, I tried it and sure thing, the noise was gone.

I still don’t like the idea that I have to tuck that thing in to remedy a rattle but for me, that’s one step closer to isolating the noise. I didn’t have time to mess with it after I tucked it in but the next time I have the energy to mess with it, Im going to figure out where and how it’s rattling.

I guess that’s all for now but for some of us that have this issue, try this and maybe that will temporarily remedy the issue.
I had the same rattle coming from the passenger door area but mine ended up being the seat belt latch plate hitting the door.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I also have this same passenger seat rattle which goes away when someone sits in the seat. I’ll be following this thread for solutions.
I'm still rocking that piece of plastic shoved into the seat rail and enjoying a rattle free seat. It's not perfect by any means, but good enough for now.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good morning! If you'd like to, go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info, and I’ll look into this seat rattle concern for you. Thanks!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the EXACT same experience (2021, FE, ~12K miles)! Thought it was the window forever and did all kinds of trouble shooting. Just recently started to think it was the seat. Going to try to seatbelt tucking recommendation to see if that helps.

Thanks for starting this thread!
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Moving the seat farther forward or farther back when no one is in it works for me. Again, not ideal, but super easy solution compared to many we have had to deal with. @Ford fix my rattle please.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Moving the seat farther forward or farther back when no one is in it works for me. Again, not ideal, but super easy solution compared to many we have had to deal with. @Ford fix my rattle please.
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into things on my end regarding this seat rattle.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted about the seat rattle a while back. It went to the dealer at that time and they did something and it stopped………..for a day. It’s definitely the seat track that some of you have identified. It is back at the dealer for that and some issues. Two days and counting. I will update when I get it back. I sent all my info the Official Ford Account. I did get a couple of calls from someone, but they didn’t really do anything for me. They told me they were going to go to the dealer to look at it. No one ever showed up and when they called me for a follow up, I asked them why they didn’t go and they said they weren’t gonna fly somebody out from Michigan to look at a seat rattle. My only question is, where do I get that tackle box to jam into the seat tracks so I can save the dealer some time and get my truck back sooner?

2021 4dr Badlands Lux with leather seats

wintoon

Outer Banks
First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello guys.

I came up with a solution for this. I made a small 3d printed model to insert to the seat rail.

Model is this:
Ford Bronco Passenger Seat Rattle 1713150328312-b2

This is inserted into the seat rail.

There are two holes (front and back) on the seat rail like so:
Ford Bronco Passenger Seat Rattle 1713150496251-7

This piece is designed to "clip" into these holes in order to stay in place when the seat is moved. Once in, it is fairly well fixed.

Finally the end product looks like this:
Ford Bronco Passenger Seat Rattle 1713150601072-d1

(sorry for the poor photo)

Just move the seat all the way to the front, push it in, front first (the longer tab) and the back "clicks" in. Once in, no more rattle!!!

The tabs align with the holes and keep the piece in place when the seat is moved, so no worries there!

Attached is the 3d file in case anyone is interested :)

Regards,
Sam.

Attachments

Archedamian

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands, Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model