Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the past few weeks I’ve heard a mild rattle coming from what I thought was the passenger door especially when hitting bumps or rough road. I tried the window rattle adjustment as a last resort, removed the sill plate cover, tried placing a small towel (flat) in different places between the frame and door, tried loosing the door latch, etc… all thinking there was a slight contact between the body and the frame of the door. It was driving me nuts and would have to turn music on to help. I figured I’d have to take it into the dealer.

I asked my wife to drive it so I could try to isolate the sound. Oddly, when I was in the passenger seat the sound ceased. I had her stop and I moved to the back seat and the sound returned.

I haven’t isolated the location of the rattle from the passenger seat yet. It’s not the seat belt. I’ve fastened that and the sound is still there. I searched the forum and found maybe two other people mentioning it but haven’t found the fix. Anyone else have this problem? How’d ya fix it if you did. Thanks!

Disclaimer: I’m well aware that some Bronco owners have lots of creaks and rattles and if you like that, awesome! I’ve got pretty sensitive hearing and it drives me crazy. Anyone else deal with misophonia? Lol
Sponsored

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
During my first week of ownership I discovered I wasn’t slamming the door shut hard enough, causing it to stay slightly ajar. Also the hardtop latches weren’t all closed when it was built.

OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

During my first week of ownership I discovered I wasn’t slamming the door shut hard enough, causing it to stay slightly ajar. Also the hardtop latches weren’t all closed when it was built.
Whoa! Yeah my hardtops are latched. I thought about trying the reverse of this… leaving the door slightly unlatched and just ignoring the warning but it was worse. I’ll figure it out. I’m glad it’s not the door or window… but I gotta figure out the points of contact or it’s gonna make me crazy.

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah it would drive me crazy too. No noises in mine after I found the open top
Latches and ajar door lol.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the past few weeks I’ve heard a mild rattle coming from what I thought was the passenger door especially when hitting bumps or rough road. I tried the window rattle adjustment as a last resort, removed the sill plate cover, tried placing a small towel (flat) in different places between the frame and door, tried loosing the door latch, etc… all thinking there was a slight contact between the body and the frame of the door. It was driving me nuts and would have to turn music on to help. I figured I’d have to take it into the dealer.

I asked my wife to drive it so I could try to isolate the sound. Oddly, when I was in the passenger seat the sound ceased. I had her stop and I moved to the back seat and the sound returned.

I haven’t isolated the location of the rattle from the passenger seat yet. It’s not the seat belt. I’ve fastened that and the sound is still there. I searched the forum and found maybe two other people mentioning it but haven’t found the fix. Anyone else have this problem? How’d ya fix it if you did. Thanks!

Disclaimer: I’m well aware that some Bronco owners have lots of creaks and rattles and if you like that, awesome! I’ve got pretty sensitive hearing and it drives me crazy. Anyone else deal with misophonia? Lol
The 4 door bronco I used to have did this same thing. Only way I could get it to stop was to lower it all the way down, and slide it all the way back. Oddly enough, my 2 door does not do it. I too thought it was the door, but realized it didn’t do it if my wife was in the seat.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4 door bronco I used to have did this same thing. Only way I could get it to stop was to lower it all the way down, and slide it all the way back. Oddly enough, my 2 door does not do it.
…careful now, you’ll get us in 2dr vs 4dr war! This forum seems to love that debate and gets passionate about it too. Lol. Let’s keep this about rattles. 😂

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
…careful now, you’ll get us in 2dr vs 4dr war! This forum seems to love that debate and gets passionate about it too. Lol. Let’s keep this about rattles. 😂
Just an observation!!! I paid close attention to it before I bought it because that seat rattle is so annoying!!!

OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just an observation!!! I paid close attention to it before I bought it because that seat rattle is so annoying!!!
It really is. I’ll make sure to test drive the next one on bumpy roads.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dude, I've been chasing this rattle forever! It's been to the dealer twice. I thought it was the door. They tightened everything down, did the window guide adjustment, and just couldn't find it. This weekend I finally dug into it myself and after disassembling the door, going through everything, and driving around with the door panel off I finally figured out it was the seat.

Specifically, its the seat rails. You'll find if you move the seat all the way forward it doesn't do it. There's the rail that's attached to the seat, and the rail that's attached to the floor. The seat rail slides inside the floor rail as you move the seat back and forth. These two rails are banging against each other over bumps.

If you look in there with a flashlight, there's a strip of blue plastic towards the front, that kinda acts as a "guide" for the inner rail, and stops excessive movement. Ford, in their infinite wisdom, decided this guide didn't need to extend the full length of the rail. So when the seat is about halfway or more back, there's no support and the rails start rattling together.

It's fuckin infuriating, and I can't believe you're the ONLY other person I've seen mention it.

Unfortunately I have no idea how it can be fixed.

OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, I've been chasing this rattle forever! It's been to the dealer twice. I thought it was the door. This weekend I finally dug into it myself and figured out it was the seat.

Specifically, its the seat rails. You'll find if you move the seat all the way forward it doesn't do it. There's the rail that's attached to the seat, and the rail that's attached to the floor. The seat rail slides inside the floor rail as you move the seat back and forth. These two rails are banging against each other over bumps.

If you look in there with a flashlight, there's a strip of blue plastic towards the front, that kinda acts as a "guide" for the inner rail, and stops excessive movement. Ford, in their infinite wisdom, decided this guide didn't need to extend the full length of the rail. So when the seat is about halfway or more back, there's no support and the rails start rattling together.

It's fuckin infuriating, and I can't believe you're the ONLY other person I've seen mention it.

Good info man, thank you! Yeah it is infuriating. At least now I’ve got a good starting point for trying to find a remedy. Much appreciated.

Sponsored

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it’s the window, there is a reset

OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here's a blurry picture of the guide plastic, from the front of the seat. Look from the back and you'll see it doesn't reach far enough back and those two rails rattle around because of that stupid decision. Thanks Ford.

Ford Bronco Passenger Seat Rattle 20230402_173059

20230402_172848.jpg

OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. Doesn’t look like an easy fix and since we’re the only ones experiencing it, a recall isn’t likely anytime soon. Let me know if you come up with a solution. Thanks for the great feedback. Honestly I’m just glad to know I’m not the only one dealing with it and not the only one going crazy as a result. Lol

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dude, I've been chasing this rattle forever! It's been to the dealer twice. I thought it was the door. They tightened everything down, did the window guide adjustment, and just couldn't find it. This weekend I finally dug into it myself and after disassembling the door, going through everything, and driving around with the door panel off I finally figured out it was the seat.

Can you mimic the sound just by shaking/moving the passenger seat? I ask because I’ve had this high pitched squeek/rattle that only seems to happen when Im the only one in the Bronco driving.
Sponsored