First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to get some input from the Bronco community before my dealer tells me this is “just what off-road vehicles do” but I feel like when I’m on bumpy roads recently, the front passenger seat seems to be vibrating a lot, to the point where it’s making a rattling noise. My immediate guess is the obvious one, that the bolts on the seat could somehow be loose (less than 3k miles on this rig) but wanted to see if this was a common issue.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can check the bolts yourself very quickly. Slide the seat all the way back/forward and pop the plastic covers off (you'll see it) and there will be 2 bolts per side, front and back (8 bolts in total if memory serves per seat). Less than 5 minutes per seat to check all of the bolts.

Just use a flathead screwdriver with a bit of tape on the sharp end to stop from marring the plastic as it is VERY soft.

I've had my Bronco stripped down to the tub searching for weird pops from my drivers seat to no avail..

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wanted to get some input from the Bronco community before my dealer tells me this is “just what off-road vehicles do” but I feel like when I’m on bumpy roads recently, the front passenger seat seems to be vibrating a lot, to the point where it’s making a rattling noise. My immediate guess is the obvious one, that the bolts on the seat could somehow be loose (less than 3k miles on this rig) but wanted to see if this was a common issue.
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your seat rattle concern on my end.

Becks

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine does the same thing. Passenger seat has been rattling to an extreme annoyance since I purchased the vehicle. It's intolerable driving down any street in Los Angeles. I have brought it in several times to the dealer and they said they were "waiting on a part" which just has never come in. I have since given up.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your seat rattle concern on my end.
That way your dealer can tell you it doesn't happen, as mine did. 🙄

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine does the same thing. Passenger seat has been rattling to an extreme annoyance since I purchased the vehicle. It's intolerable driving down any street in Los Angeles. I have brought it in several times to the dealer and they said they were "waiting on a part" which just has never come in. I have since given up.
Good morning! I can look into the seat rattle concern for you. Could you send us a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info?

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a similar rattle on very rough roads, but I can’t quite determine if it’s coming from the rear seats or from rear of front passenger seat. Still gotta investigate that better

OP
OP
Rd1103

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's definitely the seat itself. It seems to come and go, as I couldn't replicate the issue when I brought it in to the dealership.

I will say though that the seatbelt strap does the same thing, especially when the windows are down.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a similar rattle on very rough roads, but I can’t quite determine if it’s coming from the rear seats or from rear of front passenger seat. Still gotta investigate that better
Hi Rob. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's definitely the seat itself. It seems to come and go, as I couldn't replicate the issue when I brought it in to the dealership.

I will say though that the seatbelt strap does the same thing, especially when the windows are down.
Mine does the same damn thing and I thought it was the door or window for a LONG time, until I realized we couldn't replicate it with someone in the passenger seat. I'm going to look at tightening things today, and if it doesn't go away, bug the dealer again.

Broncho95

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am having same issue. Also having a annoying rattle in the back. It sounds like it's coming from the tailgate. Its driving me crazy. I have searched all over and can not figure it out.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine does the same damn thing and I thought it was the door or window for a LONG time, until I realized we couldn't replicate it with someone in the passenger seat. I'm going to look at tightening things today, and if it doesn't go away, bug the dealer again.
Find anything? The passenger seat rattle is the only one of way to many rattles I haven’t been able to figure out yet.
Sponsored