First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just put my soft top all the way back once removing the windows and back panel but am confused as to how to velcro the top back while avoiding the weather stripping. The videos are unclear and I do not want to mess anything up
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I only latch mine in place. Havenā€™t used the velcro strips and have been totally fine.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not sure I follow, but if you mean the velcro strips supplied, I did not use them, just made sure both sides "clicked" into place and were latched down. I used the velcro strips once when I had the roof just in the first open position, but never bothered since then, don't see the point.

If it's folded all the way back and latched, it's not going anywhere until you release it with the lever.

But I also doubt I'll do the full down thing very often, really makes no difference on the driver's seat and in the back row it really isn't a big difference either, plus if I keep it in position one I can see out the back. More of a hassle than it's worth to me.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Velcro is for the first position as it does not lock in place. All the way back should latch down and it doesnā€™t move. Fwiw I have never used the Velcro things even in the first position and have not had any issues. I could see if off roading it may flop but city driving going forward not a problem.

Sponsored

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I velcro mine it rattles...so I don't. I've had it down 30 or 40 times now with no issues.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have noticed that when you go over speed bumps, part of the top (the forward section) can pop up a few inches and back down. Itā€™s not really an issue, since itā€™s not going anywhere as long as the bottom latches are engaged, but you can see it in the mirror and you can hear it make a small thump. I suppose you could use the Velcro straps to prevent that, but I havenā€™t bothered.

As for using the Velcro when the top is in the 1st position (just flipped back), I saw a video of a guy descending a steep slope, and when he hit a rock and came to a stop, the top flipped forward. I guess that would be a reason to use the strap. Or maybe if you had a serious tail windā€¦
Sponsored