Sponsored

Soft Top - keep front windows up when it rains ?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone experienced soft top in the rain ?
If you roll down 2 front windows the soft top allows a steady stream of water that drips right into the inside door panels dripping down the door locks and the floor . . Keep a towel handy if your going through a drive through .? It’s really messy and frustrating.
anyone else experience this yet ?
In other news…if you drop the top during rain…you also get wet. Can we sticky this thread? We got some real gold here…
Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rumor has it, if you put the gear shifter in ‘R’, the Bronco goes BACKWARDS!?!?!?!?!? I cannot confirm or deny because I’ve yet to take delivery, but can someone who actually owns one chime in on this? We need answers!!!

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rumor has it, if you put the gear shifter in ‘R’, the Bronco goes BACKWARDS!?!?!?!?!? I cannot confirm or deny because I’ve yet to take delivery, but can someone who actually owns one chime in on this? We need answers!!!
R is for “racing” mode

you’re supposed to put it in R then dump the clutch at 4500rpm to do a launch

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beyond the sarcasm, I didn't understand this complaint when I popped up a few months ago. Every vehicle I've ever owned when I open the window, say at a drive through, the water pours down onto the inside of the door. Am I just buying cheap cars/trucks?
You must be, because I've never had a deluge pour in an open window like I do on this soft top.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

R is for “racing” mode

you’re supposed to put it in R then dump the clutch at 4500rpm to do a launch
That’s how I taught my nephew how to drive his Dad’s MT…..

my sister no longer talks to me.

Sponsored

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You must be, because I've never had a deluge pour in an open window like I do on this soft top.
Ranger....equinox....F150....they've all done it.......guess I gotta stop being a poor person

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t wait until it’s summer. I live in Florida and there are thunderstorms all the time. I’m anxious to see if my bronco has this issue of getting wet in the rain when I roll the windows down.
You guys laugh at the OP, but it's a major issue when we get FL rains. I literally have to open my umbrella in the front seat before I open the door so I can get to work without being completely soaked. There is literally a huge stream of water in the strategic area where your legs swing out as you exit the vehicle. Why Ford didn't try to design a channel to get that water to go forward an inch toward the A pillar is a mystery.

I realize people are being punchy and silly about this, but it is a real issue, and no one knows about it until they first drive in the rain.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You guys laugh at the OP, but it's a major issue when we get FL rains. I literally have to open my umbrella in the front seat before I open the door so I can get to work without being completely soaked. There is literally a huge stream of water in the strategic area where your legs swing out as you exit the vehicle. Why Ford didn't try to design a channel to get that water to go forward an inch toward the A pillar is a mystery.

I realize people are being punchy and silly about this, but it is a real issue, and no one knows about it until they first drive in the rain.
It’s not uncommon on convertibles. They lack the rain gutters along the side of the roof and instead have one along the front windshield. Water being water, you get a stream right at the front corner. Two things help. 1) carry a towel, and 2) wait a few seconds before opening the window at a drive through. The overhang on the building will usually slow things down a bit so you don’t get soaked (most of the time).

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone with smart aleck remarks actually have the soft top and experienced the issue? Guessing not. With the recent rain and snow in the PacNW I can't believe the amount of water that is channeled into the vehicle when opening the doors or cracking the window.

Anyways, I'm 3D printing a fix or coming up with a hack.

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess part of the problem is drivers being unaware of how soft tops work. @Toccoa was spot on. There is no rain gutter like a hard top car. Maybe someone can chime in with a MIC top. Did Ford put a rain channel on those?

The humor is in imagining this discussion on a Jeep thread. They've had the market cornered on off road toys for a while and while there will be plenty of mall crawling Broncos they were still designed to get out in the wild.

In the end, it's water and while several of you are undoubtably sweeter than me, none us will melt. I ordered a BD specifically for the floor drains and the inevetible water entry into the cabin of a vehicle I intend to take in the woods or drive without a top when I can.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone with smart aleck remarks actually have the soft top and experienced the issue? Guessing not. With the recent rain and snow in the PacNW I can't believe the amount of water that is channeled into the vehicle when opening the doors or cracking the window.

Anyways, I'm 3D printing a fix or coming up with a hack.
I was one with the smart "aleck" remarks, so I will answer. I read a lot about the issue before I got my Bronco, but now that I have had it in the rain I think the issue is way overblown...to the point that I never would have thought about it had I not read about it. I do keep a rag under the seat, but it's nothing I would have ever thought twice about or considered an issue.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was one with the smart "aleck" remarks, so I will answer. I read a lot about the issue before I got my Bronco, but now that I have had it in the rain I think the issue is way overblown...to the point that I never would have thought about it had I not read about it. I do keep a rag under the seat, but it's nothing I would have ever thought twice about or considered an issue.
Well you have low expectations then... I stopped at a drive-thru to get a coffee before heading on a trip one day when it was raining and the water comes directly in onto your left knee as soon as you crack the window.

It wouldn't have been that hard to simply put a bead of vinyl tubing or something in the seam so that it channels behind the window opening or something.
Sponsored