rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same issue on the passenger side of my vehicle after doing some off-roading this past weekend with the top in position 1. Drove back to Denver and noticed a lot more whistling on the highway, then realized the hook wasn't latched properly.

Here's another thread with further discussion on the topic: Thread 'Soft top latch issue.' https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/soft-top-latch-issue.30901/
thanks for the video link!

This seems like should be a recall or service bulletin.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had the same issue on the passenger side of my vehicle after doing some off-roading this past weekend with the top in position 1. Drove back to Denver and noticed a lot more whistling on the highway, then realized the hook wasn't latched properly.

Here's another thread with further discussion on the topic: Thread 'Soft top latch issue.' https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/soft-top-latch-issue.30901/
Good morning, Luke! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these soft top latch concerns for you on my end. Thanks!

MiddleAgeGeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Add me to the list of people having this problem. I took out the side windows and rear and put it up and down five times before it finally clicked. There is definitely something wrong. I think the soft top is pulling back a quarter inch or more because you can see the gap up front.

Ford Bronco Soft Top Middle Latch Not engaging E8DDAA94-F0CB-4FE9-A772-44C0A287F611

Ford Bronco Soft Top Middle Latch Not engaging 7C0228E1-0679-4AC9-A3CA-0EAE64A9E49A

Ford Bronco Soft Top Middle Latch Not engaging 57F0E519-5091-49CA-B8F5-4636A08A2864

MiddleAgeGeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I took the sides and back off and dropped the top all the way down. Then put all the way back up again. It fit with the front latches but the middle will not catch.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had this problem on the passenger side when I first got my bronco.

There are two bolts on the bracket that hold the pin for the latching mechanism. If you loosen the brackets on both the driver and passenger side they’ll be able to shift a little. Then when you pull the top up it should be able to latch. Once latched you can tighten those bolts a bit with the top in position 1.

This fixed it for me. Haven’t had a problem since.

Sponsored

Velocitybronco22

Base
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe I’m having the same issue. I just switched from hardtop to oem soft top but it doesn’t reach all the way to latch above the windshield.
Ford Bronco Soft Top Middle Latch Not engaging 62D7AFCD-D0A9-4792-9FEF-4BEB83D983A9

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe I’m having the same issue. I just switched from hardtop to oem soft top but it doesn’t reach all the way to latch above the windshield.
Ford Bronco Soft Top Middle Latch Not engaging 62D7AFCD-D0A9-4792-9FEF-4BEB83D983A9
Same as you picked up soft top for summer. Had to adjust the middle brackets. Driver side front latches ok now but passenger side is like yours. Have to use all my strength to get it latched. Wife is unable to, which stinks since her truck. I have adjusted front brackets but didn’t help. Open to any suggestions as well.

taysha62

Big Bend
First Name
Taysha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi there. This latch concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
funny I have had this issue for a while and your Company has ignored me!! My top even got caught in wind due to it not latching!!!
Sponsored