Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So sometimes while closing my Soft Top at night and even when I can see the clips it is a struggle to get them to align and push together. I was thinking about removing the black aligator clips and putting these quick release magnets in their place.

I have two questions for you.

1. How strong of a magnet do you think I should get?

2. Even if I find a super strong magnet setup like this will it operate as I envision it?

This is a sample of what I mean but I think this sample may be to weak:

https://www.amazon.com/Lixada-Magne...1-2df022bcb241-spons&smid=A36YH5NRSU8L9W&th=1
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, it's a good idea in theory.
Good thinkin' outside the box there on it.
Might be worth a shot.
I'd be afraid to find out the fine line there between not so strong you have to fight it to take the windows out, and not strong enough so that a blast of wind at speed on a busy interstate flops your windows down. To be fair, the velcro will help hold them in place as well.
I'd say you are onto a good train of thought there, might be a very worthy upgrade.

2050Broncoorsomething

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One of the male ends broke or fell off and I replaced it with a reusable zip tie. Bought a pack for like $6. I just keep it on the window when its off and it seems to be easy enough. You cant even tell since it is covered by the soft top.

OP
OP
Bronco1010

Bronco1010

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the male ends broke or fell off and I replaced it with a reusable zip tie. Bought a pack for like $6. I just keep it on the window when its off and it seems to be easy enough. You cant even tell since it is covered by the soft top.
Ford sells replacements that can be sewn back onto the soft top or window. Did you see if your dealer would cover it under warranty?

OP
OP
Bronco1010

Bronco1010

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, it's a good idea in theory.
Good thinkin' outside the box there on it.
Might be worth a shot.
I'd be afraid to find out the fine line there between not so strong you have to fight it to take the windows out, and not strong enough so that a blast of wind at speed on a busy interstate flops your windows down. To be fair, the velcro will help hold them in place as well.
I'd say you are onto a good train of thought there, might be a very worthy upgrade.
to test out the too strong theory, I put my windows on without the clips but made sure the velcro and all other attachments were properly connected. Drove 80 in sun runner position with all 4 windows down and the 3 soft top windows stayed put. I kinda feel like those clips are just there to support the top of the windows when you are putting them back on.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

to test out the too strong theory, I put my windows on without the clips but made sure the velcro and all other attachments were properly connected. Drove 80 in sun runner position with all 4 windows down and the 3 soft top windows stayed put. I kinda feel like those clips are just there to support the top of the windows when you are putting them back on.
Good deal then. I may rob this idea!

OP
OP
Bronco1010

Bronco1010

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good deal then. I may rob this idea!
I may replace all but one of the clips on each window to test it out. That way there is one remaining clip on each window just in case there is a huge gust of wind.

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just so you know ,I broke a clip also and is a warranty item. Only thing is they will replace the whole panel so if you have a scratch on the window get it warranty replaced, I did
Sponsored