Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wind advisory in my area. We’re on tornado watch. In case you’re wondering how the soft top holds up on windy weather, here’s a video. Debris and trash flying around the neighborhood already.

1B666C6E-6C46-46E3-A1C6-920AEAC04638.png

BF4B960D-D54D-4785-8373-7CBFF4780C0B.png
Sponsored

Attachments

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t do it! 😳. Really though, high winds in California, I’m not going to sweat it. Tornado country, not me.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

if u can drive on high way at 90 i think the fifty mile per hour gust will be nothing

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

i do wish it was in the 70s here.......high of 36 today!!!

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if u can drive on high way at 90 i think the fifty mile per hour gust will be nothing

I agree, but there are still some skeptics out there. Had a soft top on my Jeep for a long time and no issues.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kind of my thoughts too. Soft tops are a lot better than what people may have had 20+ years ago. Might feel a bit more air flowing in the cab, but I don’t foresee it being anything crazy.

OP - Stay safe!

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree, but there are still some skeptics out there. Had a soft top on my Jeep for a long time and no issues.
its def noisy but i think its worth it flipping it back is so easy and awesome

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are going on week two of owning our soft top (we have about 450 miles on it). This time of year the Midwest experiences a lot of wind, but last week we had extreme wind warnings (Wednesday) and experienced unusually strong winds pretty much the rest of the week. Also, I live in a rural area and there are a lot of wide open fields.

The first day we had possession of the vehicle it was very windy, we took it on a 40 mile drive on the interstate into the wind. At 70mph driving into a 20 mph headwind, it was very loud (any vehicle in those conditions would experience an increase in wind noise), but I was surprised at just how loud it was. My wife and I knew that it would be a different driving experience than our pervious vehicle a 2017 Explorer, but that first drive had me worried about how loud it would be, especially for our kids. However, the structural integrity of the top was never in doubt. In subsequent days taking it to work on two lane blacktops (60 mph) on windy days the noise hasn't been as nearly pronounced at the lower speeds.

Definitely some getting used to, but we understood that the Bronco is going to be a different experience than most vehicles. I just wish we could have gotten our order fulfilled as a dual top order like it was. Oh well, it was totally worth the change to get it early!

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We are going on week two of owning our soft top (we have about 450 miles on it). This time of year the Midwest experiences a lot of wind, but last week we had extreme wind warnings (Wednesday) and experienced unusually strong winds pretty much the rest of the week. Also, I live in a rural area and there are a lot of wide open fields.

The first day we had possession of the vehicle it was very windy, we took it on a 40 mile drive on the interstate into the wind. At 70mph driving into a 20 mph headwind, it was very loud (any vehicle in those conditions would experience an increase in wind noise), but I was surprised at just how loud it was. My wife and I knew that it would be a different driving experience than our pervious vehicle a 2017 Explorer, but that first drive had me worried about how loud it would be, especially for our kids. However, the structural integrity of the top was never in doubt. In subsequent days taking it to work on two lane blacktops (60 mph) on windy days the noise hasn't been as nearly pronounced at the lower speeds.

Definitely some getting used to, but we understood that the Bronco is going to be a different experience than most vehicles. I just wish we could have gotten our order fulfilled as a dual top order like it was. Oh well, it was totally worth the change to get it early!
have you had any days u could flip it open i have only had 3 or 4 days i could and thats when i realized its worth it to deal with a little more wind sound

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We had a tornado warning and 70+ wind gusts here in WI in December last week. My soft top was fine, obviously I heard the wind more and such but it was just fine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tornado did touch down…

A3710712-D1EE-4407-9151-9E3A2D52807F.png

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drove our bronco w/ soft top home 900 miles after picking it up and had 50-60 mph wind gusts for a few hours in western Nebraska. Tried standing outside on the side of the road at one point for a pic and I could barely push the door open the wind was that strong. Haven't had gusts like that since being home but at least on the highway, the bestop trektop I replaced the oem top with is significantly quieter.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I've had too many old school jeeps. This top is fantastic as far as XL Soft tops go. I've got no complaints. Plus, Big Sassy has kept me very warm here the past couple of days in 20 degree temps.

Last edited:

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About a week ago we had 100mph wind gusts in Colorado Springs, CO. I had to pickup my kiddos from school because they weren't allowing the buses to run due to high winds. I have a soft top and I noticed that on crosswind the top lifts ever so and I could feel wind blowing around on the inside of Bronco. The spot that I noticed light and wind coming from was right above front passenger head close the pillar between front and rear (b pillar?). This was also happening on driver side. After going through this endeavor and just coming back from a road trip from Nashville to Colorado Springs a day before all the tornadoes hit (high winds). I will say you are going to feel some cold air up in the head area. After both situations I think it's coming from the same area (B pillar). I wish there was one more latch in that area. to keep everything secured. I now from an engineering standpoint that may be difficult due to folding of the soft top but ...there is a minor flaw there. Thought I would share my experience.
Sponsored