First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who all has had soft top problems and had them replaced? How did the dealer go about doing it?

20220709_102834.jpg
Sponsored

Shawntrex

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Following this thread. I mentioned and showed this to my dealer and each time was told they are checking with Ford for guidance, and each time I come back itā€™s as if its the first time they heard me mention it.

OP
OP
Bach007hd

Bach007hd

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I turned mine in on warranty at my dealer back in July, went by several times finally yesterday they told me to take it somewhere else they weren't equipped to handle dealing with it!!? Wow!

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never seen it fall that far, that fast. I have wifeā€™s in the shop now for this issue and the child lock recall. Mine goes in when hers is done. Will post what I find.

OP
OP
Bach007hd

Bach007hd

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never seen it fall that far, that fast. I have wifeā€™s in the shop now for this issue and the child lock recall. Mine goes in when hers is done. Will post what I find.
Thanks!!

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There have been a few other threads about this. Some dealers are trying to help, others are turning a blind eye. From what Iā€™ve gathered, the most effective fix Iā€™ve read about yet was somebody using spray Gorilla Glue on it!

Another ā€œfixā€ is to get a GearShade or JTops mesh top, and it keeps those pieces from falling on your head. That way you donā€™t have to think about itā€¦ šŸ˜œ

OP
OP
Bach007hd

Bach007hd

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There have been a few other threads about this. Some dealers are trying to help, others are turning a blind eye. From what Iā€™ve gathered, the most effective fix Iā€™ve read about yet was somebody using spray Gorilla Glue on it!

Another ā€œfixā€ is to get a GearShade or JTops mesh top, and it keeps those pieces from falling on your head. That way you donā€™t have to think about itā€¦ šŸ˜œ
Yeah I tried upholstery glue spray and it made it worse! It was still tacky until I did that! šŸ˜‰ Thanks for the response!

HCPD547

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My top just started doing the same thing. I canā€™t even get an appointment to have it looked at. Each time I make an appointment, they email me the day before and cancel it. Trying to find a different dealer to go to for service.
Sponsored