First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 2DR 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First time attempting the hardtop removal alone and honestly it wasn't as bad as some have made it out to be. Having a table to dump it directly onto is key.

Will update on the process of getting it back on alone (I don't have high hopes). Credit to @NorthShoreBronco for the technique inspiration

All that to put on my new bimini from @djp. Getting the canvas tensioned all the way took some first-time tweaking, but now that it's done it's dead silent up to 60mph. Past 70mph I've gotten some noise but nowhere near the flapping I've heard from other biminis. Thrilled with the result. Plus, now my hair doesn't whip me in the eyes when I drive. Win win! πŸ€•

Ford Bronco Solo 2 Door Hardtop Removal + BroncoBimini Review 1684279194798

Ford Bronco Solo 2 Door Hardtop Removal + BroncoBimini Review 1684279355264

1684279564323.jpeg
Sponsored

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First time attempting the hardtop removal alone and honestly it wasn't as bad as some have made it out to be. Having a table to dump it directly onto is key.

Will update on the process of getting it back on alone (I don't have high hopes). Credit to @NorthShoreBronco for the technique inspiration

All that to put on my new bimini from @djp. Getting the canvas tensioned all the way took some first-time tweaking, but now that it's done it's dead silent up to 60mph. Past 70mph I've gotten some noise but nowhere near the flapping I've heard from other biminis. Thrilled with the result. Plus, now my hair doesn't whip me in the eyes when I drive. Win win! πŸ€•

Ford Bronco Solo 2 Door Hardtop Removal + BroncoBimini Review 1684279564323

Haha, glad I could inspire someone else to do something dumb πŸ˜‚.

I recommend not trying to put it back on by yourself.... But having said that,, the key is to be able to have your arms extended before you lift, because you won't be able to extend and balance the top at the same time. Good luck!

OP
OP
chris.bronc

chris.bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 2DR 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Haha, glad I could inspire someone else to do something dumb πŸ˜‚.

I recommend not trying to put it back on by yourself.... But having said that,, the key is to be able to have your arms extended before you lift, because you won't be able to extend and balance the top at the same time. Good luck!
There's a fine line between dumb and innovative!

Yea, I am thinking of getting a taller table to move it to before reinstalling. I think it'll be doable, just a pain in the ass getting the guide pins back in place.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bet removing the guide pins would help with the solo remove and install.

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey I took my cap off my 2 door last week. Quick question the 2 longer screws go up top correct? I zipped them all loose with my impact, and never noticed 2 were longer until I was picking them all up. 😁

Sponsored
OP
OP
chris.bronc

chris.bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 2DR 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey I took my cap off my 2 door last week. Quick question the 2 longer screws go up top correct? I zipped them all loose with my impact, and never noticed 2 were longer until I was picking them all up. 😁
If they go all the way in then yes! To be honest I always forget and get into exactly your position.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This guy laughing in the face of the L5/S1 Gods.

OP
OP
chris.bronc

chris.bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 2DR 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This guy laughing in the face of the L5/S1 Gods.
If I can pack a 45lb bag 20 miles on my back I sure as hell better be able to handle 80lb for 10 seconds!
Sponsored