Sponsored

SOLVED: Trouble with Rockworkx Hardtop Thumb Screws…?!

Mojua

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Checking to see if anyone has had issues with the Rockworkx Thumb Screws?

EDIT: I found the 4mm spacers in the shipping envelope. Installed them and all's well. Thanks for the advice. Just wish they put the spacers in the box with the thumb screws...

I’m on the east coast and their customer support doesn’t open for a few hours, so I came here for opinions…

Received the 10 pack of 4-door hardtop thumb screws for my ‘23 WT last night. Installed them this morning, and the front ones on the inside (both sides) don’t really fit (see pic). They screw in most of the way, but then hit the locating pin head that’s directly to the rear. Seems like the thumb screw head is a few mms too wide to fit.

It’s not the end of the world, but for $120 for 10 thumb screws, they should fit perfectly. Quality is otherwise excellent.

Thoughts or feedback?

Thanks in advance!

Ford Bronco SOLVED: Trouble with Rockworkx Hardtop Thumb Screws…?! IMG_3440
Sponsored

Last edited:

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you use the spacer they provide for the front most screws?

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
... yep, you should have spacers under those.

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine clear there, but top bar ones back out all the time... have to be continually retightened, but I may just add some blue loctite

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine are close but they clear. Maybe Ford has a large tolerance for the locating pins?
Mine fit too but I agree about the tolerance statement. Seems like Ford isn't exactly competing with Rolls Royce or Bugatti with tolerance specs.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just went out and checked mine. I have the spacers installed on all of them, but the two most front ones do not make contact with the flange for the top. I don't want to overtighten them. I may install a few nylon washers under them.

Thumb Screw.jpg

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just went out and checked mine. I have the spacers installed on all of them, but the two most front ones do not make contact with the flange for the top. I don't want to overtighten them. I may install a few nylon washers under them.

Ford Bronco SOLVED: Trouble with Rockworkx Hardtop Thumb Screws…?! Thumb Screw
That's not the spacer, that's just the rubber washer. There is a smaller diameter black plastic spacer they provide with the screws. I think the first couple of batches didn't have them, so there's a chance you didn't receive what you needed if you were an early purchaser.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not the spacer, that's just the rubber washer. There is a smaller diameter black plastic spacer they provide with the screws. I think the first couple of batches didn't have them, so there's a chance you didn't receive what you needed if you were an early purchaser.
Yes I bought these wehn they first came out. I used a washer with, you guessed it, Gorilla black duct tape to keep the steel and aluminum from coming in contactwith the rubber washer under the steel washer. Worked like a charm.
Sponsored