Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Every time I press the start button it sounds like something is rolling around in the dash. It’s definitely linked to internal vents opening. Nothing to do with engine starting as that doesn’t trigger it. It sounds like a ball bearing or loose screw rolling around every time I start. Anyone else???

I’m hoping there is guidance here before I take it to the dealer to take apart the dash. Maybe access through an AC vent?

I noticed a couple of months ago and nothing seems broken.

Thanks for any words of wisdom!
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The climate control system runs a little calibration routine when you power on. Does it last just one second and then stop? And does it do it when you power on acc without starting the engine?

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe an M&M fell down a vent and I sitting on actuator door….maybe a Skittle!!

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The climate control system runs a little calibration routine when you power on. Does it last just one second and then stop? And does it do it when you power on acc without starting the engine?

I think this is what the OP is hearing. These Broncos have more routine noises during start up and shut tan my 3500 Diesel truck!

OP
OP
SAS OBX SOB

SAS OBX SOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes and yes. It will do it on start or just ACC sounds like a marble rolling on plastic and then stops. I think there is something loose in there or the vent is dragging along plastic.....or an m&m. I will post a video when I have time.

a586770b-5f57-429c-919a-67d03e8514bc_text.gif

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Every time I press the start button it sounds like something is rolling around in the dash. It’s definitely linked to internal vents opening. Nothing to do with engine starting as that doesn’t trigger it. It sounds like a ball bearing or loose screw rolling around every time I start. Anyone else???

I’m hoping there is guidance here before I take it to the dealer to take apart the dash. Maybe access through an AC vent?

I noticed a couple of months ago and nothing seems broken.

Thanks for any words of wisdom!
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford bot is going to ask for all your personal info then do nothing. Ignore it. Literally just went through it.
Sponsored