Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed this issue recently when taking some items out of the back with the window open/up. I don't open the rear glass that often and has probably been an issue since February 2022. No major offroad "trauma", never removed the top, but could have come loose when driving with the rear window open/up while transporting some long 2x4s.

I think I got the part numbers correct...The Rear Wiper Outer Cover (M2DZ-9946410-D) seems to be loose and separating from the Inner Cover (M2DZ-9946410-C) that is adhered to the back glass.

I have tried (without success) adjusting the small locking tabs so they would engage, but I wasn't too aggressive because I didn't want to break off any of the tabs. Has anyone had this issue or have any recommendations?

Ford Bronco Rear Wiper Cover (Interior) Coming Loose RearWiper1
Ford Bronco Rear Wiper Cover (Interior) Coming Loose RearWiper2
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I noticed this issue recently when taking some items out of the back with the window open/up. I don't open the rear glass that often and has probably been an issue since February 2022. No major offroad "trauma", never removed the top, but could have come loose when driving with the rear window open/up while transporting some long 2x4s.

I think I got the part numbers correct...The Rear Wiper Outer Cover (M2DZ-9946410-D) seems to be loose and separating from the Inner Cover (M2DZ-9946410-C) that is adhered to the back glass.

I have tried (without success) adjusting the small locking tabs so they would engage, but I wasn't too aggressive because I didn't want to break off any of the tabs. Has anyone had this issue or have any recommendations?

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i Just noticed mine is loose just like that..

OP
OP
Baconator

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i Just noticed mine is loose just like that..
Our builds were less than a month apart. Bad batch of parts or installed incorrectly??? I will see if anyone in my build week has this issue also.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Our builds were less than a month apart. Bad batch of parts or installed incorrectly??? I will see if anyone in my build week has this issue also.
Lmk. My daughter pointed it out to me a few days ago. I never noticed it. Like you said in your Post. I’d guess that it Probably came from factory that way

Sponsored

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine has the same issue...haven't been to the dealer, I'll ask about it when I have to take it in for something serious.

OP
OP
Baconator

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took it to the dealer today. They are ordering both replacement parts. The Tech removed the cover and there are simply 7 locking tabs. It seems as though the tabs are not engaging properly and locking in place. Note that 1 of my locking tabs is broken/missing.
Ford Bronco Rear Wiper Cover (Interior) Coming Loose IMG_3905a
Ford Bronco Rear Wiper Cover (Interior) Coming Loose IMG_3906.JPG

Last edited:

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine started dooing that last week, I thinks it might have been partially due to extremely hot weather and being in direct sunlight. In any event, I have an appointment this Thursday for a recal and some other minor service work, so I added that to the list. l will post what the result was at the dealership. Im assumeing they will just replace the cover under warranty. Side note my build date was 12/22/2021, interesting

OP
OP
Baconator

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer replaced both covers under warranty. I will check in a few weeks to see if it is holding up.

Here was my service request if you need the details:

THE REAR WIPER OUTER COVER (M2DZ-9946410-D) SEEMS TO BE LOOSE AND SEPARATING FROM THE INNER COVER (M2DZ-9946410-C) THAT IS ADHERED TO THE BACK GLASS. I HAVE TRIED (WITHOUT SUCCESS) ADJUSTING THE SMALL LOCKING TABS SO THEY WOULD ENGAGE, BUT I WASN'T TOO AGGRESSIVE BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO BREAK OFF ANY OF THE TABS.
Sponsored